DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic and need help finding out what happened - FOUND BY STARZ!

Thanks for bumping this thread Starz, I'm new to the forum and would probably have never found this epic thread on my own.

Awesome story guys and once I have my Mavic I may just bump into Pablo sometime as I'm in northwest England too.

And I will certainly be filming in the lake district as I'm extremely near.

In fact, if I remember correctly, Pablo said he is in Manchester....and I'll be there in a few hours so I'll keep my gaze skyward and maybe, just maybe, I'll get a glimpse of the infamous mountain rescue Mavic above.

Reactions: USAirborne
Always a fun read. Let me know is you see something in the sky!

IMG_0208.JPG The battery that was left out of the shipping when Pablo got his mavic back, is finally going home. Mrs.Pablo is back in the states for some family time in Nogales and will be receiving a box with a battery inside. Now it can return to its partner the mavic. Thanks everyone for all the time spent on this little adventure which now has a happy ending!!

I'll see if I can make this the last of this of this adventure,although it is somewhat hard to do because it's such a great story. The battery is now back in Pablo's mavick and has been confirmed that it also survived the ordeal and is in working order. Thanks to all involved and all that have followed the progression. Happy flying!!!!

What a wonderful read to start my day,
The whole thing does seem like a movie script!
msinger, the unsung hero again!
Warms my heart to see people helping people, with no thought to profit or how it helps them personally.

Reactions: Pablo and richlasby
As I have a few batteries I always land once I hit 30% so never really take my batteries below 20% :)

This is a riveting thread!.... I spent the last 15 minutes reading it out to my wife. I was all ready to watch the recovery effort online Friday/Saturday. While I'm disappointed that I can't watch it live, it was a surprise and thrill to read that @Starz had recovered it. What a rescue. I wonder who will play each of you in the movie version?

Great job done @LawFlyer and @Starz. You are both stars!

I've decided that I'm coming to Arizona to do my flying!
I can't wait for the movie!

amazzzing story! a year later and still getting views.

im a newbie to the drone/mavic world & have a lot to learn & be aware of. just got a new mpp that i’m looking forward to fly ... i’ll be sure to fly far from “mavic mountain” though.

great job to those that helped & to “the star” of the show! [emoji294]️

~cherriez88 

Reactions: Pablo and Starz
amazzzing story! a year later and still getting views.

im a newbie to the drone/mavic world & have a lot to learn & be aware of. just got a new mpp that i’m looking forward to fly ... i’ll be sure to fly far from “mavic mountain” though.

great job to those that helped & to “the star” of the show! [emoji294]️

~cherriez88 
Certainly an adventure. Just do a lot of reading and you’ll be fine.

View attachment 16658 The battery that was left out of the shipping when Pablo got his mavic back, is finally going home. Mrs.Pablo is back in the states for some family time in Nogales and will be receiving a box with a battery inside. Now it can return to its partner the mavic. Thanks everyone for all the time spent on this little adventure which now has a happy ending!!

Somehow I managed to miss this. Thanks again!

The battery worked absolutely fine by the way. No issues whatsoever.

I still get "likes" from this thread to this day. It's mad. The story is mad and you're all mad for reading 17 pages of it! Thanks everyone.

Just finished the thread as well! Kind of anticlimactic to see @Starz's messages when he indicated he found it, but still!

It would add ginormously to the power of the story to see a photo one day of the three drone owners sharing a beer together one day!
Also, I really noted this one, if I am ever in the neighborhood I definitely need to fly there ad film Mavic Mountain myself!

Cheers guys, you are wonderful!

Reactions: VikingwithDrones
@Starz
Just finished the thread as well! Kind of anticlimactic to see @Starz's messages when he indicated he found it, but still!

It would add ginormously to the power of the story to see a photo one day of the three drone owners sharing a beer together one day!
Also, I really noted this one, if I am ever in the neighborhood I definitely need to fly there ad film Mavic Mountain myself!

Cheers guys, you are wonderful!

@Starz @LawFlyer I will be back in Arizona in July/August so I'm up for meeting for that beer if you are?

Reactions: JoostGT3
Hey man have you made a thread for this? I'm also broken right now because I lost mine yesterday flying over water in Ko Phi Phi. I just need a support group I guess. Here's the flight path:
173226a37a80acababc98d9bb587c034.jpg
Hello, im here at ko phi phi and there is a mavic pro here found at that place!

Is it yours?

Attachments

• 131F8A90-9949-4D91-8919-A7A527CCCE9D.jpeg
    131F8A90-9949-4D91-8919-A7A527CCCE9D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
  • 7EC62631-82D3-427E-AFAF-FEB83617C53B.jpeg
    7EC62631-82D3-427E-AFAF-FEB83617C53B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
Reactions: Pablo
I have it secured with some masking tape. Not moving at all.
I don't have a dji style clamp in my possession.

Have not yet read through it all but in case it was not mentioned, stuff tissue around the gimbal to be sure it stays in place then put tape over all that. It should then be held well enough in place to be protected during its journey.

I am impressed with not just the help offered by the heroes in this story but by the accuracy of the data that was crunched to find a close area to search. I also would suggest that Pablo now puts some bright skins on his MP for the next time.

I can see you rescuers now, with some sort of Ghost Busters vehicle with spinning roof racks ad loads of antenna all over the vehicle, to track a downed drone. Who ya gonna call.. Drone Busters!!! All involved are my heroes and I'll buy you guys some beers if I ever meet up with you, just for your sheer selfless act. You guys are the best. Another Brit in the USA here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S