DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I lost my Mavic and need help finding out what happened - FOUND BY STARZ!

View attachment 4160 I did get an answer on whether you can ship a lipo. No. You must be authorized or certified to do that. So I have my souvenir of Pablo's ordeal sitting on my desk as my reminder of things to watch out for. Here is what he will see in a week. I wanted to use a bigger box, but with all the padding I was putting in, it got to heavy. I needed to be under 2 lbs for cost reasons,so I went to the next size down. I've seen damaged boxes all the time from shipping people. We will get an opinion from Pablo on how well my packing skills are later. The shippers don't make a lot of money moving boxes around in a given continent,but they sure do when they fly over water. I was a little surprised at that number. Interesting that when I went to UPS, I couldn't get an answer from the person behind the counter on the battery. She had no knowledge on that subject and didn't seem to care if I got an answer. I left.

Staz.. keep Pablo's battery and take it with you when you visit England in May, that way he gets that back as well. I'm sure it would be worth his while to take a drive or train down to London to meet you for a payback of beers and to collect his battery.

Sounds like low-battery emergency landing. And it looks like it's in the middle of the top-most craggy rocks of that peak. Get your hiking boots, it does not look like you would need technical climbing gear to go up there.

Are you able to help me find mine! I've attached the DJIFlightRecord

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-08-18_[17-42-26].txt
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Wow! Haven’t seen this for some time. You must have done some digging to pull this one up. Hopefully someone will assist. There are some experts hiding in this group.

Reactions: Sheila Flyer

I don't think there is much mystery here - you simply flew it too far to get all the way back to the home point. It auto landed at 11% battery and the location is recorded in the log: 49.732249° N, 116.844189° W. That's right next to the road that you were on, but it may well have ended up caught in a tree.

screenshot192.jpg

Wow! Haven’t seen this for some time. You must have done some digging to pull this one up. Hopefully someone will assist. There are some experts hiding in this group.
Google

Thank you SO much! In my despair last evening There was a great YouTube video of a guy whom used the DJI GO 4! Under flight records it should a video clip of the treacherous voyage!

2.5 hour drive back up into the woods to see if it made it to the ground! I have the warranty/replacement on until Feb 2019 so hopefully ‘crashed’ to the ground and no tree climbing ‍♀️ required ... gulp! Thanks again and will update in a couple of hours!

Attachments

• 49816623-51B8-4277-8FE1-295AF1019802.png
    49816623-51B8-4277-8FE1-295AF1019802.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
Good luck Sheila. 0ROJYyg.png

Take some rope or something to help in the tree department just in case.
GL.

I don't think there is much mystery here - you simply flew it too far to get all the way back to the home point. It auto landed at 11% battery and the location is recorded in the log: 49.732249° N, 116.844189° W. That's right next to the road that you were on, but it may well have ended up caught in a tree.

View attachment 43844

Well Drone was not there ... very desolate place ... one resident ... from 7:00 pm last night until noonish today it got picked up. Said Neighbour, we will call him Marvin, said he didn’t see it. He did admit to driving down the desolate road at 6:00 am and he did have a lot of questions about drones ... sigh .. I have met his neighbor, Sonni, and he’s gonna go talk to him. Thinking to offer $150. Left my number with Marvin ...

Well Drone was not there ... very desolate place ... one resident ... from 7:00 pm last night until noonish today it got picked up. Said Neighbour, we will call him Marvin, said he didn’t see it. He did admit to driving down the desolate road at 6:00 am and he did have a lot of questions about drones ... sigh .. I have met his neighbor, Sonni, and he’s gonna go talk to him. Thinking to offer $150. Left my number with Marvin ...
Google

Thank you SO much! In my despair last evening There was a great YouTube video of a guy whom used the DJI GO 4! Under flight records it should a video clip of the treacherous voyage!

2.5 hour drive back up into the woods to see if it made it to the ground! I have the warranty/replacement on until Feb 2019 so hopefully ‘crashed’ to the ground and no tree climbing ‍♀️ required ... gulp! Thanks again and will update in a couple of hours!

The said Neighbour, Marvin, has a come to Jesus moment ... he has ‘found it’ on the desolate road that I traveled!

I am greatful given the time he made a great decision. It’s not IF we have a moment of indescerion, though when.

Thanks to a You peeps who had a chance to ‘chime’ in

Reactions: sar104
Saw the light?
nar more than likely he tried to get it going and with his TV remote and failed.
Glad you got it back and did not have to resort to the $150 reward. : )

Reactions: Sheila Flyer
Saw the light?
nar more than likely he tried to get it going and with his TV remote and failed.
Glad you got it back and did not have to resort to the $150 reward. : )
I got thay feeling when we were there. His questions were just off. My friend actually said “when it’s turned on it takes a photo so an owner always knows’.

Have not made that connection.
Kind of a long drive for him.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa