DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I made a dumb mistake - slow charging

Eagle Eye 62

Reactions
Just an FYI,

I went to charge my Mavic 3 batters this morning and they were charging super slow. So I checked the power plugs and cables and realized I had the battery charger on the cable from the USB and not directly coming out of the charger. Apparently, the USB port is not nearly as powerful and when I switched the cables back it started charging normally.

I thought I would give a heads up in case anybody else runs into this.

If this is happened to you, let me know.

Just an FYI,

I went to charge my Mavic 3 batters this morning and they were charging super slow. So I checked the power plugs and cables and realized I had the battery charger on the cable from the USB and not directly coming out of the charger. Apparently, the USB port is not nearly as powerful and when I switched the cables back it started charging normally.

Just did exactly the same. I was searching for a reason for the slow charging and found your post! Thanks

Your a legend, was just searching as this was happening to me this morning. I did notice the battery charger cable connection has a red colour.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Just an FYI,

Thanks for this post! Yes I made the same mistake last night. Thx again!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle Eye 62
The embedded USB-C can charge up to 65W, the other just 10W. 65W is the max output, so when used at the same time, batteries will charge at 55W and the controller (or whatever you put in the other cable) will charge at 10W.

There are two easy ways to know which is one if you can't see the brick, the first is the size of the cable, the 65W cable is quite thin, and the second way is to check the color inside the USB-C ending, the 65W one is orange inside.

Mavic 3 batts are 77Wh, so it will take around 8 hours to charge the battery on the slow one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh