DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I NEED MAJOR HELP PLEASE

In general that's effectively true, since black shadows are less annoying than completely blown highlights. But in reality the problem is symmetric, in that there is no detail recorded at both ends of the dynamic range, either at full saturation or below the noise floor.
Yes- thank you SAR, that is true- no question. What I perhaps should have said is that overexposed digital images often suffer from clipping the highlights which most people find detracts from the image in a more objectionable way than reduced detail in the shadows and blacks (in the final processed image). Exposing to the right (determining EV with reference to histogram and over exposure indicators rather than metering) provides greater tonal range in dark areas, higher SNR and more latitude in post.

Reactions: sar104
Yes- thank you SAR, that is true- no question. What I perhaps should have said is that overexposed digital images often suffer from clipping the highlights which most people find detracts from the image in a more objectionable way than reduced detail in the shadows and blacks (in the final processed image). Exposing to the right (determining EV with reference to histogram and over exposure indicators rather than metering) provides greater tonal range in dark areas, higher SNR and more latitude in post.

Completely agree.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne