DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need some help ASAP!!!

I am looking at purchasing a drone to tag along on my wife's photoshoots. I mostly just want to get some cool shots of the locations from up above and maybe some video of her taking pictures down on the ground. I have found someone selling a used Inspire 1 v2 in amazing condition! It has tons of accessories including 6 batteries, x3 camera and x5 w/ lens. I talked him down to $1300 for everything. I have also been looking at the mavic air 2 and found another person selling a pre-owned fly more combo for $800. What does everything think would be best for what I will use it for? Please no snarky comments.
Personally, I would go for an M2 Air direct from DJI. You won’t be disappointed.

Thank you all for your input. I just placed an order for the Air 2S fly more combo. Glad I found this site and hope to speak to you all again soon.
Hello McGouf:

Along with others I think you made a wise decision. If the Air 2s eventually fails to meet your technical expectations you’ll be ready for a Mavic 3 Pro!

Welcome to the forum.

Howard

Reactions: McGouf
I am looking at purchasing a drone to tag along on my wife's photoshoots. I mostly just want to get some cool shots of the locations from up above and maybe some video of her taking pictures down on the ground. I have found someone selling a used Inspire 1 v2 in amazing condition! It has tons of accessories including 6 batteries, x3 camera and x5 w/ lens. I talked him down to $1300 for everything. I have also been looking at the mavic air 2 and found another person selling a pre-owned fly more combo for $800. What does everything think would be best for what I will use it for? Please no snarky comments.
I wish I had $1300 laying around because I sure would pick up that Inspire 2! Then turn around and sell it for $4000!

Go with the Air 2. It is easy to haul around and to maneuver in "tight" spaces. The Inspire will get heavy and tiring after going from shot to shot.

IMHO save up and get a Mavic 2 Pro it has the best camera (Hasselblad with 1" chip) that puts out incredible video. It is easy to fly with crash sensors all around. Also you can program it to fly a "mission" with waypoints (I use the Litchi App for this) or easily use "active track" to follow the subject and keep the camera on them. It's more expensive but others may leave you frustrated. You get what you pay for

That is what I am leaning toward, but my father in law who fly's his drone for work everyday keeps telling me to go with the inspire. The thing is massive though. $1300usd does seem like a good deal though.
I think the inspire is a good deal, But an Air2S would be much quieter and less intrusive. I don't think you want to scare your wife's clientele with a large intimidating drone. The Mavic Air 2 is a no go fo me because of it's smaller camera sensor and lower resolution. The Air2S is a 5.4k with a 1 inch sensor camera. It takes great photos during sunset and at night. The video quality is excellent. Many people have sold their Mav2Pro's and replaced it with the Air2S. Not sure why, but the air 2 S has an 8x digital zoom.

Seeing that the Inspire 1 is no longer in production, batteries, parts and accessories might be hard to come by at times. I think the Mavic Air 2 is a little bad@ss and if I would ever have to replace mine for any reason I would purchase another MA2. My next upgrade MUST have 6 directional sensors and a better zoom for me to upgrade.

Thank you all for your input. I just placed an order for the Air 2S fly more combo. Glad I found this site and hope to speak to you all again soon.
And with the difference you save over the Inspire, you can get additional batteries (Air 2s comes with 3), A set of ND filters, or other accessories you are not aware of yet.

Hi, just my thought on this.

When you both go on a shoot, you already carry a ton of equipement.
Do you think it is a good plan to add another heavy thing to log around.
As you will be surprised by the picture and video quality of the air2 and the footage is only for a behind the scenes view why go for a inspire.

Ruud

As others have said, Inspire 1s X3 camera isn’t very good by today’s standards. The only reason I bring mine to shoots is so that it LOOKS like I use professional equipment, all the while using an MP2 and my cell phone.

I also noticed that you said you wanted to get footage while your wife is photographing. Is your wife doing paid photography? If she is you will need a part 107 cert in order to do what you want to do.

Last edited:
If you are just getting into Drones and can afford it, buy the Inspire as it looks like a bargain with the package on offer; it would be like having a Classic Car in your Drone Garage !!; save it for special occasions and learning experience; I would then buy a second hand Mini 2 for the daily driver !!!

If you are just getting into Drones and can afford it, buy the Inspire as it looks like a bargain with the package on offer; it would be like having a Classic Car in your Drone Garage !!; save it for special occasions and learning experience; I would then buy a second hand Mini 2 for the daily driver !!!
It sounds like you didn't read the comments from flyers who have experience with the Inspire.
And if you can't buy batteries for it, it's no bargain at all.

You have a better camera system and capabilities with the inspire but it is an older drone and harder to find replacement parts. It is also not easily transported around like the Air 2 but the camera on the Air 2, I believe, has not aperture control. But, for what you are describing to be your needs the air 2 seems to be the right choice for you.

You can fly a mini anywhere, especially in Canada, but you need a licence for anything heavier. Keep that in mind.
I believe what you mean to say is that you don't need to register the mini because of its small size. You'll need a license for commerical work regardless of how big the drone it is or isn't.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost