DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I ordered this landing gear

That looks heavy and expensive. Especially when you can order the ones that slip over the stock landing gears for 1/3 of that with Prime or $0.99 on eBay directly from China.

That looks heavy and expensive. Especially when you can order the ones that slip over the stock landing gears for 1/3 of that with Prime or $0.99 on eBay directly from China.

This come with the gps holder as well and two days prime shipping. I checked all others landing gears and this one protect the drone very well.

There are probably dozens of different types of landing gear extenders out there. I think the best and most practical are the $1.50 molded silicone ones (that I rarely see anyone talking about). They fit snug, protect the legs without scratching, give just enough additional height, add negligible wind resistance, weigh almost nothing, fit in any pouch or case, provide a little bit of cushion for landings, and did I mention that they are $1.50?

Those certainly look impressive. What I don't like about the silicone extenders that go on the landing gear, and I have some, is that they make the front landing leg longer. I cracked the leg where it inserts on the body. I am not entirely convinced it's not due to the leg having the extension and increasing the bending stresses or torque in a slightly off angle or hard landing.

The ones you purchased protects everything.

When you get a chance, throw it on a scale and give the gram weight.

Reactions: macoman
I purchased the mavic pro primarily for it's superb portability, compact design...this unfortunately doubles the total volume so it's not a runner for me....also the drone never lands hard (multiple vision/ultrasound systems control the landing) and it's easy to hand catch if necessary.

Reactions: JayNC
I purchased the mavic pro primarily for it's superb portability, compact design...this unfortunately doubles the total volume so it's not a runner for me....also the drone never lands hard (multiple vision/ultrasound systems control the landing) and it's easy to hand catch if necessary.
Yes, the Mavic get a little more bigger but it appears to be that the Mavic is not exempt from cracks and looks like it comes from regular use of landing on the ground. These landing gear, add an extra layer of protection against cracks.

The single review it has on Amazon is worrying, be interested to hear your experience. I like the way it holds the GPS tracker but it is bulky, like everything we each need to decide what is Importent and what we can live with. Do let us know how you get on with it!

The single review it has on Amazon is worrying, be interested to hear your experience. I like the way it holds the GPS tracker but it is bulky, like everything we each need to decide what is Importent and what we can live with. Do let us know how you get on with it!
Yes, I will of course test it well and do my honest review. If it's problematic, I will return it.

Reactions: frogbmth
Feedback: didn't like the landing gear... I left a review in Amazon and got only one star from me. It is too hard to install and it feels like it's going to damage the back feet of the aircraft. I purchased the regular landing gear that have good reviews on it.

Man, that looks ungainly. Hopefully they don’t bother the sensors.

This is my biggest concern. I had purchased a skid style ( Landing Gear Heightened Bracket Extender Leg Foldable Fit DJI Mavic Pro Platinum | eBay ) landing gear. Mainly because I liked that they took all the landing weight off of the arms and I could leave them on, fold them up and fit my MP in it's case as is. They looked good, a bit shorter then the 'standard' extensions, but interfered with the sensors one time too many. Even after I took my exacto knife to it and trimmed as much as could from anywhere near the sensors. The sensors would still catch shadows, or something, from it and cause it rise without input from the TX. I finally just chalked it up to a bad buy and went right back to my 'standard' extensions.

I ordered a landing gear on amazon but never used it... I prefer using a landing pad which creates a perfect flat surface for taking off and landing.
Furthermore you can avoid sand and dust from messing up your drone. Unfortunately you don’t get the same with a simple extender or body protector

Reactions: JayNC

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS