DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I probably should not fly under overpass...

Get used to saying "I probably shouldn't". But because we can we do. That's the whole fun of the hobby, seeing what you can do that you shouldn't. As long as you aren't putting anyone at risk. And "survival of the fittest' will cure most of us(ie; having to spend the money to replace a drone). But, even then, I still keep pushing the boundaries......
I would love to fly under an underpass or a Bridge especially over Water but it’ll be my Luck for something to happen to my Drone while under there
Flew under an overpass yesterday (over a creek) and my “no GPS” signal came on...I turned around (rather than ascend and fly over the road) and hurried home.

Probably not a good idea to fly under things like overpasses?

Thoughts, folks?
I would love to fly under a Underpass or a Bridge especially with Water present but I don’t have the nerve to do it!

Reactions: E90RAW
I've flown under a bridge. It was a relatively narrow bridge with steel lattice structure and a river under it. There was plenty of width and about 5m vertical gap to aim for. No issues with loss of GPS/VPS, but then the amount of time actually under the bridge was less than 1 second.

I wouldn't try it if the aperture was a lot smaller and the bridge a lot wider for the reasons others have flagged in earlier posts (loss of GPS and VPS, potential loss of control signal and unknown turbulence/wind conditions in a relatively confined space).

Reactions: E90RAW
I've flown under a bridge. It was a relatively narrow bridge with steel lattice structure and a river under it. There was plenty of width and about 5m vertical gap to aim for. No issues with loss of GPS/VPS, but then the amount of time actually under the bridge was less than 1 second.

I wouldn't try it if the aperture was a lot smaller and the bridge a lot wider for the reasons others have flagged in earlier posts (loss of GPS and VPS, potential loss of control signal and unknown turbulence/wind conditions in a relatively confined space).
Good info. Thanks

Reactions: scro and E90RAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun