DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Registered My Drone, Now what

Aquaman1414

Reactions
I registered my drone for hobby use only but the rules are not all that clear. Ex. Does that mean I can fly in my neighborhood or at parks & beaches as long as I don't fly over people or moving cars. Can I still get permission to fly in restricted airspace or a permit to fly at night? Did I apply for the right registration?

If you are in the US and you registered on the FAA DroneZone as a recreational pilot then yes - you can fly according to the recreational rules:

You don't need permission to fly recreationally at night. When you say "restricted airspace" I would guess that you mean "controlled airspace", and yes - you can get permission to fly there, either via the LAANC system if it covers the location in question or via the FAA DroneZone website if LAANC is not yet available.

If you are not in the US then disregard everything I just wrote.

Here's an easier to read list of the rules that apply to recreational flights in the US: (note that eventually the FAA is going to require a recreational test, but they are still developing it so that requirement isn't yet being enforced)

Put your Reg # on your drone (required). Also ph# helps if lost.

Someone asked me this question the other day; if you have two (or more) drones of similar type, do you need to register each one?

No. Reg# belongs to owner and can be put on many.

To be more specific, the same recreational registration number is applied to all the drones you own. However, if your drone is registered under Part 107, each individual drone needs its own unique registration number.

Be sure to download a good app to check airspace and get request via LAANC if it is in your area (AirMap or kitty hawk are two). The rules can be a little confusing at first but you will get it. Welcome and stay safe and have fun!

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan