DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I swallowed my pride and got an iPad.

For anyone wanting to keep away from iOS devices, you can still get superlative performance running the app with the Huawei M3 and M5 8 inch tablets.
No configurating problems, great screens, 20 second boot time, loud speakers, long battery life plus they run DJI Go 4 without a glitch, all day long and are Android so you get to choose how you want to do things.
Can you configure them to not charge while connected to usb?

I'm not sure if you'd get alot of interference, but I wouldn't be surprised if you did. Here's my setup, the antennas have a clear line of sight. I personally like the tablet holders over the controller. I obviously can't use the data comming of the controller screen, but it doesn't bother me. I learned to fly off of a Spark and never had that anyway.

My setup is the same as yours except that I position the RC antennas at a 45% angle so that they poke out from under the iPad. I have not yet experienced any interference but I'll admit that I have only flown twice since moving to the iPad and did not send the Mavic Pro more than about 500 metres in horizontal distance from the RC during those two flights.

My first impressions of using the standard sized iPad Pro are that it's totally awesome having the larger screen. It's way more than adequate in terms of brightness and clarity and there is absolutely no lag or jitter and no dropouts.

I'm keeping the Galaxy S7 in the backpack in case I forget to bring the iPad :)

Reactions: putz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan