DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I swallowed my pride and got an iPad.

Do people still buy stuff in stores?
You could have a look in some of those new-fangled online marketplaces.

As much as you try repeating over and over, Apple does not have a monopoly on running the DJI Go app properly.
All I'm trying to do is provide some accurate and balanced information to counter the ignorant myth that is so pervasive.

Yes, iPads run the app rather well and lots of people like them.
But they are not the only devices that run the app properly despite the noise from people that haven't used anything else and those that tried running it on a substandard Android device and assume all Android devices must be the same.
You are awfully defensive.
Fact, ALL RECENT APPLE DEVICES WORK WITH DJI
Fact, SOME recent Android devices will work with DJI.
That is the point. I am not disagreeing with you, nor is anyone else. We just dont want to buy device after device to find one that works, OR we dont want to have to "set up" a device to work.

That is the point. I am not disagreeing with you, nor is anyone else. We just dont want to buy device after device to find one that works, OR we dont want to have to "set up" a device to work.
And that's why I point out a couple of Android devices that will work as well as, or better than any iPad.
So that users wanting something else don't get sucked in by the DJI-app-works-best-on-an-iPad myth.

Last edited:

You certainly don't need to "buy device after device to find one that works ". Simply choose one from the list of supported phones and tablets and/or go by what you read on these forums. From feedback posted here, we now know that for example the iPad Pro, whilst not on the DJI list, works perfectly running DJI Go 4.

In regard to setup, I think most people are not going to care about having to change a couple of Android settings, especially if it means that they don't have to spend more money on another device.

Funny considering the DJI Crystalsky Monitor is Android Operating System.
Yep the Superior viewing of 1000nit Brightnes 5.5in and 7.8in and the 2000nit Brightnes 7.8in are all of course the same in running Android OS.
Given also that the DJI Crystalsky is not cheap either provides smooth target orientated DJItoGo 4 app and Full editing interation.
Funny Apple is no where to be seen here on DJI Crystalsky the Official DJI MonitorScreenshot_20181118-152919_Google.jpg

The only way to get a thread with less chance of finding agreement would be to discuss whether Android or iOS is the better platform for flying your drone in a national park.

Funny considering the DJI Crystalsky Monitor is Android Operating System.
Yep the Superior viewing of 1000nit Brightnes 5.5in and 7.8in and the 2000nit Brightnes 7.8in are all of course the same in running Android OS.
Given also that the DJI Crystalsky is not cheap either provides smooth target orientated DJItoGo 4 app and Full editing interation.
Funny Apple is no where to be seen here on DJI Crystalsky the Official DJI Monitor

We've already covered the reasons why the CrystalSky monitors are not all that popular. The main one is that they are way too freakin' expensive !

You certainly don't need to "buy device after device to find one that works ". Simply choose one from the list of supported phones and tablets and/or go by what you read on these forums. From feedback posted here, we now know that for example the iPad Pro, whilst not on the DJI list, works perfectly running DJI Go 4.

In regard to setup, I think most people are not going to care about having to change a couple of Android settings, especially if it means that they don't have to spend more money on another device.
Well, that would most include "most" the the android users that fly with apple now on that have posted here, Several having been using "approved" devices without happiness.
Its a ford / chevy argument like I have said.
All recent apple products will work, Some recent androids will work. That is the basic end of discussion as far as I am concerned.

Using a Galaxy Tab A with DJI go 4.2.16 with no problem. Bought the tab for $30 at a garage sale as a dedicated device. Works perfectly for my MP.
On a side note, Apple has no soul. Someone close to me interviewed for a job with Apple. They interviewed her 10 times, flew her to the mothership in Cupertino, then rejected her. Treated her like her time was not valuable. Where do you rate as a customer if they treat prospective employees like that? Non-Apple til the day I die!

Reactions: bushie
Using a Galaxy Tab A with DJI go 4.2.16 with no problem. Bought the tab for $30 at a garage sale as a dedicated device. Works perfectly for my MP.
On a side note, Apple has no soul. Someone close to me interviewed for a job with Apple. They interviewed her 10 times, flew her to the mothership in Cupertino, then rejected her. Treated her like her time was not valuable. Where do you rate as a customer if they treat prospective employees like that? Non-Apple til the day I die!
So you get Christmas and Birthday cards from Samsung or something? I dont care how I rate with Apple, General Motors, Walmart, Best buy or anyone else. Just make what I want to buy, make it last, and leave me alone. They all do that for me. (in most cases)

No need to throw shade. If someone disses me or someone I care about, I stop supporting them. Just anecdotal, and if it costs Apple 1 or 2 customers who were considering giving them business, good.

Apple is VERY fussy when it comes to hiring staff. Your friend didn't measure up - simple. At least she made it to the interview stage which is a valuable experience and will help her going forward.

No need to get defensive. You can Android all you want.
What I am saying is, you can buy ANY apple device (as long as it is fairly recent) And download DJI Go 4 then plug and play. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.
No USB debugging, app permissions, charging port adjustments, and a host of other things that may or may not make a given android device work with DJI. Android compatibility varies by model and manufacturer. AND Some of the models that work with DJI are more expensive than apple devices.

My point is Apple will always work good, without question, and without any extra setup. Android devices can be a crap shoot. That is the FACT i was referring to.
I agree with Androids being a crap shoot. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to use with my P4. Paid over $300 for it. Had nothing but trouble. Sometimes it would connect sometimes it wouldn't. No rime or reason to it. When I got my M2P I bit the bullet and got a I-pad. It's like Night & Day difference. Everything connects as it should and I love being able to record the screen. Sometimes I wonder if DJI is a sister company of Apple. I had a bad experience with Apple repair and swore I would never by a Apple product. The nearest apple store is in Birmingham about 100 miles from me. I drove up there only to be told I would have to make an appointment to find out what it would cost to have my Daughters iPhone replaced (She dropped in the toliet 2hrs after she got it). They wouldn't even look at it without an appointment.

My phone is a Galaxy Note 3. I use it with my Mavic Air with no issues when packing light. iPad Air when I don't mind carrying extra items or weight. I wish my iPad Mini 2 could run DJI GO.

I agree with Androids being a crap shoot. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to use with my P4. Paid over $300 for it. Had nothing but trouble.
Well that's pretty conclusive.
You had trouble with one Android device so they must all be trouble.
Case Closed.

Case Closed.
I didn't say all androids wouldn't work . In fact my S8 works but the Tab S2 which is on the list would not work most of the time. That being said the Ipad works better. I believe DJI designed their products to work better with Apple products. Do you really think after my Apple experience I wanted to buy a Apple product?

this is what the empire {apple} want, to control and monopolise the universe, there motto is, your either with us or against us.
according to these guys there's no problem at all with android.
page 3 of this link newbie thinking of buying a pro 2. few questions

Well I look it like this.
Apple is making a hell of a lot money on selling very expensive good hardware.
Google made Andriod and Gmail and other products to poke around in your life, monitor you and profile you and sell your soul to hell.

Thats why I choose Apple

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspirephil
As I previously stated it’s personal preference and I am not trying to force my opinions on anyone else I am just saying that I prefer iOS devices.

Case Closed.
have you even read all these posts? It has mentioned SEVERAL different mainstream Android devices with problems using DJI. I do understand that in SOME of those cases a user tweak here and there would probably make them work.
The problem is that Android is often manipulated by the device manufacturer to optimize certain device parameters, Android is also often Manipulated by Cell service carriers to suit what they want you doing with their networks. The Android that a Verizon user has may NOT be the same as ATT, or Sprint.
Crystal Sky is Android because there is no IOS option for DJI. If Apple doesnt have control of the manufacture of the CS, they will not allow use of their IOS. That is why Apple products are so very consistent in how they perform.
You think Apple is keeping things from you, but in reality it is no different than going into a Pizza Hut and being able to expect the Pizza to be the same as EVERY other Pizza Hut in the country. If it isnt the same everywhere, it is not as marketable. Android, in this example, is slightly different from location to location.

The PRICE argument is not really valid, because QUALITY IOS and Android devices are similarly priced. Apple just doesnt make any no name, Discount, China Knockoff type devices.

There is no inherent problem with Android itself. AND, It has its merits for some power users.
The device manufactures are the ones to blame for their edits and or omissions to the Android platform. NOT DJI. How is DJI supposed to write a software for an IOS that is open source to the point that it can be dramatically altered by any manufacturer who installs it on a device? Now that there are so many rewrites of the platform, there is no way to make one software version that works on everything. You know there is PLENTY of apps in the play store that wont work on EVERY Android device. All the apps in the Apple store work with IOS devices.

LOL at swallowed pride!
Hey, the apple stuff just works better with DJI. That is a known and proven fact.
No special OS settings or hardware settings needed. Just plug and play.
Not everyone has the skill or desire to troubleshoot Android issues. So In those cases Apple is the way to go. But in the end it is an unfounded and unwinnable Ford vs Chevrolet type of argument.
There is a learning curve, but apple IOS will do almost everything that Android does If you take the time to learn it.
Did the same thing. No regrets, works great. Resist adding unrelated apps (will slow things up)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman