DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Swapped the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom Camers!

That is awesome! Thanks for posting.Thumbswayup

OK ... I've gotta ask the obvious question.

Why?

You've got a Zoom and a Pro, so why would you need to swap the cameras vs. just flying like it was manufactured to fly, and without voiding the warranty.

I suppose if there was a way to procure the "other" camera as a stand-alone purchase, it might make sense in some unique un-warranted universe.

But aside from "raw curiosity", I just don't get it.

Reactions: Hardy and hoggdoc

Why?

You've got a Zoom and a Pro, so why would you need to swap the cameras vs. just flying like it was manufactured to fly, and without voiding the warranty.

I suppose if there was a way to procure the "other" camera as a stand-alone purchase, it might make sense in some unique un-warranted universe.

I'm sure that you can (or will be able to) get the cameras as parts.

Why?

Maybe he wants to be "Youtube famous"?

Interesting development for sure. Put the zoom on the pro to try the reverse swap and do some tests.

What i'd like to see in the tests was is the Dlog-M 10 bit, HQ and other modes available and record correctly.

Reactions: FL AV8R
Do the maths for the UK £600 approx for new Pro camera delivered as against £1299 for new Mavic Pro 2 delivered complete. Provided you are confident with dismantling electronic gear probably a good bet.

Why?

Now that we know the answer, this opens up the opportunity for people to Be able to swap different cameras into a single aircraft. You can have the functionality of two drones at a lower cost.

Just wait until someone sells a quick no tools needed kit to allow swapping cameras more easily.

OK ... (sort of) makes sense. I guess I didn't know you could buy the Pro camera as a stand-alone purchase. That said, any decision to swap back and forth would need consideration of:
  1. Level of effort
  2. Voiding the warranty
  3. Unexpected consequences as yet undiscovered
For $700 and the risk-vs-reward calculations ... if I couldn't live without both ... I'd probably just buy both. Waiting for my Zoom to arrive this week.

I have a P4P+ and the camera is excellent with many of the M2P features, so I feel like I can live without the Pro camera for now. What I REALLY wanted was the zoom feature.

I bought both. First I ordered the Pro, and intended to keep my old Mavic 1 as a backup. But then I figured a M2Zoom would be a much better backup, because it can share all the accessories including batteries. So I sold the M1P and ordered a M2Z in addition to the M2P, which cost me less than 400€ in difference.

So if now I would crash the M2P while being on a trip and break the aircraft but not the camera, it totally could be an option for me to put the M2P into the M2Z aircraft.

Do the maths for the UK £600 approx for new Pro camera delivered as against £1299 for new Mavic Pro 2 delivered complete. Provided you are confident with dismantling electronic gear probably a good bet.

Doing the math you would probably get a brand new pro and a refurbished zoom without remote (or the opposite) and would laugh at people swapping cameras.

The swap isnt a 5 minute or "in the field" job which somewhat limits its use.
Unless you have a very specific shot you want and have to have the zoom for, realistically you're going to lave the hasselblad on the unit.

I guess 80%+ of camera swaps will be people upgrading their zoom to the pro.

As long as DJI has given us this option to swap on the first FW release.
The next FW release may cut that out altogether. Some will argue about not wanting to update FW just because of the ability to swap.
Hopefully not!, but you never know.:cool: We will see.

Meh I can’t figure out why some of you are knocking the OP? Me thinks job well done! The hardest part is knowing it can be done. Now that is done a host of third party companies can simplify and streamline the process.

Rob

It will be both ways.

I can't anywhere near as many people spending money for a downgrade they'll use occasionally than the other way around.
A few might for the occasional flight but not a big percentage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998