DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I tested long range 5.8GHz on CE model

PRO>KOMP.<

Reactions
Hi,

I tested long range fly with yagi antennas on 5.8GHz CE model. I'm very surprised how far can CE model go in 5.8GHz because on official site it say 500m range. I uploaded video if you want to check here is link:

Reactions: Tomas H.
Great result.

Two days ago I tested my new Yagi on CE 5.8 GHz, after 1530 m I didn't lose signal but video became choppy (no fun to fly) so I returned. I just received Yagi so I wanted to see does it work, and it does. Main benefit for me is not max distance but clear signal in mid distances.

But there is a strange thing, I was away of town, landscape very similar like in your video, and before take off in Fly App all 2.4 GHz bars were red and long. Auto chose 5.8 GHz so I leave it in Auto, didn't switch to manual, and I used 5.8 GHz Yagi (is it OK to use it in that way, leave it on Auto?). But I expected that 2.4 GHz will be available. Maybe I should click to Manual to see if it will change, but while it was on Auto all 2.4 GHz bars were red and long. So even out of town I didn't see green 2.4 GHz channel. I think that I never seen green 2.4 GHz on mine Mini.

Hi,

I tested long range fly with yagi antennas on 5.8GHz CE model. I'm very surprised how far can CE model go in 5.8GHz because on official site it say 500m range. I uploaded video if you want to check here is link:

Did you fly the same route without the yagi extenders, if so what was the range ?
For example if the OEM antenna could reach 2.4km, then the Yagi is only a little bit better.

To compare OEM to the Yagi would be the real test

Did you fly the same route without the yagi extenders, if so what was the range ?
For example if the OEM antenna could reach 2.4km, then the Yagi is only a little bit better.

To compare OEM to the Yagi would be the real test

Specs on DJI official site say: 2.4GHz 2km and 5.8GHz 500m. But I thing OEM antenna can go to 800-1300m max.
I will test it and make video one with Yagi and one flight without Yagi extenders.

He tested CE version, range for CE 5.8 GHz is only 500m.

There are different versions of the Yagi range extender? If so, how are they different?

No, Yagi is the same, but there are different remote controller versions. CE version (European) has just 500m range on 5.8 GHz (without extenders).

No, Yagi is the same, but there are different remote controller versions. CE version (European) has just 500m range on 5.8 GHz (without extenders).
No, there are two different types of yagi. One for 5.8 ghz and one for 2.4 ghz. CE version can fly in 5.8 (urban area mostly) and 2.4 ghz (rural areas) Depending on the usage you have to choose. Be aware these Yagis are quite different!

I know that, we were talking about something different.
@lannes stated that OEM antenna could reach 2.4km but that is not for CE version, CE can go to just 500m (by the specs).

What I was trying to say, is that to make a useful comparison you need to test how far the OEM antenna system will go in a real environment (in the specs CE 5.8ghz this is 500m) and then compare this to the 5.8ghz yagi range test.
The 2.4km quoted was example to show that if the Yagi's extend the range by only a little bit then they are not the super range solution everyone is saying that it is.

If the OP flew 2.4ghz on the same route as the video and used only OEM antenna then he might get more than 2km

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard