DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I was wrong, my Mavic Air sucks.

The bloom in the middle looks like a fingerprint on the lens. The other weak aspects of the footage look a lot like low bit rate. Are you saving to SD card, and if so - is it properly rated to handle the bit rate? One notable spot in in one of your videos was how clear everything was in downward shot when the drone wasn't moving. If non-moving shots are significantly sharper than moving ones, double check you SD card rating.

I think you may have gotten a defective unit. I remember some mavic pros having camera issues when they first came out too. Exchange if it cant be resolved.

Reactions: ckizer
All the other Air footage I've looked at on the net looks really great.

It definitely is, that seems to be far from the norm. Sorry you were the unlucky one but hopefully DJI can replace that quickly for you.

Thanks for the tips. It was to the internal 8GB storage. Strangely in the first video you see a bad video corruption from the internal storage. I did use an SD card later. All brand new San disk extreme 100mb card. But most of that footage was on the internal 8GB.

At this point I’m gonna reset the drone and try again tomorrow but I’m gonna have DJI exchange it. Please pray for my soul. Lol actually my last DJI care experience was 5 days. I doubt I’ll have the same luck.

Anyone with an air do you only see 2 color profiles? Cinelike, and DJI?

mine shows D-Cinelike and Normal.

Did you do the Mavic Air update? I see Cinelike and “DJI” as my profile. It’s very strange. Do you also fly Mavic Pro with same device. I’m gonna do a hard reset of the Mavic Air.

Yeah this seems like a faulty air sorry :(

Will be interesting to see the trends that come from the first production batch.

Last edited:
Reactions: ckizer
I did see some blurry areas on my first flights on old firmware. I've cleaned the lens even though it didn't look dirty, also updated FW inbetween, and yesterday no such thing. I do not have crushed blacks, quite the opposite actually, maybe a bit too much shadow lifting making the dark areas too noisy to my liking.

But the app seems flimsy at the moment and I'm not sure the Color setting takes correctly, I might still be in D-Cinelike from when I tested that even if I tried going back to None (Android 4.2.4) and that's what yesterday's flights should have been.

Here's the bloom in the middle. Be sure to get towards the end of the video:

Might it be the case that the fixed focus is out of focus (wrongly set during manufacturing)? From the YouTube footage it looks like close footage is pretty crisp and sharp (even the water lid close to the camera at the end of the vid), but it looks softer at longer distances. Maybe the focus is not set to infinity by DJI, had this problem before with my Xiaomi Yi action camera.

That’s a shame. Really looks like you were unfortunate and got a lemon. I’ve seen dozens of untouched video that looks phenomenal, even better than the Mavic Pro in 90+ % of those videos. Hopefully you can get your issues resolved (or a replacement).

I think it would be a good idea to check for update. If that doesnt fix it take it back for a return. Thats,why Its a goid idea to buy from a place like best buy. Return policy is good

Seems to be a theme here, have seen this in tthe Pro.
Very likely an issue with calibration after firmware load.
Do the IMU, compass and gimbal calibration carefully and away from emf sources and that should do the trick.
If that does work then try refreshing the firmware with Assistant 2 before you calibrate.

Yeah this seems like a faulty air sorry :(

Will be interesting to see the trends that come from the first production batch.
raise a ticket with DJI, you will receive an email warning you that if they find anything to repair you will have to pay for it, the shipping and their work., if not just the shipping.

you will get your drone back in working order for less then a few hundreds bucks, be lucky as they will never admit they sold a faulty drone or remote....just be glad it did not fly away ....YET

Reactions: DroningOnandOn
I think it would be a good idea to check for update. If that doesnt fix it take it back for a return. Thats,why Its a goid idea to buy from a place like best buy. Return policy is good
i should mention that one person here said they had emails from dji suggesting to erase their djigo4 app then re install it (no mention of backing up anything) firmware causing any more serious issues like fly aways, crashes etc is their responsibility as any pilot would be aun aware what could go wrong by installing it., so beware.

I can confirm the reinstall of DJI Go4. I just tried to update my P4 and fought it for a day until I found a thread recommending that I delete the app and reinstall it. I figured it was a waste of time but it worked! FYI - the thread I found said to delete the app, reboot your device, reinstall the app, turn off the drone and the controller, reboot and try it again. Be sure to reboot your device after you delete the app.

Reactions: Espy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech