DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I will NEVER order from DJI again.

First off, DJI failed to label and package the Mini 3 Pro properly right off the bat. Then after failing to do that correctly I was shunted back into the order cue when it was an even longer wait with no help in trying to actually expedite the order. As it was explained to me, the chat/help people have no actual connection with the shipping people so all I could do was to order over again and begin the wait. In the second instance the chat folks took it upon themselves to somehow cancel my order after I simply inquired as to the consequences of cancelling vis a vis the dji insurance program. Shipping batteries to AK is admittedly complicated but their failure in both instances is, IMHO squarely on DJI. In any case I -should- have the Avata within just a day or two after ordering from Best Buy. We’ll see how that plays out. Not so humorously just yesterday in Best Buy there was exactly 1…count ’em, 1 sales person on the entire floor. Now THAT may not be their fault with the struggle to find help but that was an eye roll. To the credit of the fellow stocking shelves he jumped in and did help more than one customer.
call B and H and explain the Alaska shipping issue,
I am confident they can overcome whatever the problem is given their fairly global reach in the photo and video community.

@akdrone well just to give a balanced view to this thread ,i am sorry that you feel that DJI have let you down ,but for me the story has been completely different ,both my original MM and my fairly recent purchase of the Mini 3 pro , both direct from DJI and ordered on release day arrived within two weeks of placing order,in fact the Mini 3 pro came within 10 days of my order being placed
From where were they sent, UK or Europe?

@Yorkshire_Pud the MM if i remember correctly ,came from China and the Mini 3 came from Europe,in both instances they arrived sooner that the estimated delivery date ,that was showing in the tracking info

no there were no added costs in both cases ,shipping costs were covered because of the amount spent ,in the case of the Mini 3 pro ,because i ordered the drone ,and the fly-more package at the same time ,mine actually came in the same outer container ,although it did say in the shipping info that they could arrive on different dates ,like i say i was really surprised when after just Ten days from release , and me placing my order everything came ,

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
DJI is too large for any consumer to be important. Also it's a Chinese company with a Chinese corporate culture.
Making generalized statements like this is not helpful and further generalizing it to a population of people is wrong! That would be like saying "Microsoft is too large for any consumer to be important. Also it's an American company with an American corporate culture." Get my drift!

FWIW, any dealings I have had with DJI have always been pleasant and issues have been dealt with in a timely fashion just like any other large company I have ever dealt with.

Also, I thought there were rules on this forum about complaining/ranting about specific companies.

Chris

Reactions: FLDave
My Mini3 order was horribly screwed up with improper shipping to Alaska so Fed Ex returned it before it got to me due to incorrect shipping procedures for batteries. It took over 2mo for the order to get here. Now, for my Avata, I texted an inquiry about cancelling because Best Buy advertised them locally and I wondered about the DJI care situation. Best Buy did NOT have it available in spite of their website saying it did. Today I got an email from DJI…they cancelled the order and refunded me. DJI has no ability to actually put a person at the “top of the list” in spite of saying they will expedite it. There website says “shipping tomorrow“ or something similar but actually they are out of stock. I have a drone vacation at the end of the month and have ordered from BestBuy as I think it will come before DJI will. I will NEVER order directly from DJI again. Absolutely the worst service and the worst ability to communicate of any business I have ever worked with.
Next time order from B&H, stop wine!
So they made a mistake and they refund you. Buy a used one from eBay Mercari OfferUp. Or a new one from B&H or go to a DJI authorizes dealer in your area, or Best Buy sells them some photo camera stores sell them.
But it’s ok, there is Skydio, Parrot, Autell they are good drones. Build yours and stop the rant. DJI is going to b the best on its class for a long wile ahead of all the mentioned . One less, you are just like the ones that hate Apple.
More for me!

• Wow
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
So say "I texted an inquiry about cancelling, and they cancelled my order".
What did you actually text DJI and ask?
P.

So say "I texted an inquiry about cancelling, and they cancelled my order".
What did you actually text DJI and ask?
P.
I’m not going to go back to chat to be able to quote it but essentially asked them if there would be a problem with obtaining DJI Care if I bought from a third party because it was not available on Best Buy’s web site. Next thing I know, the order is cancelled. In the end I did get it from Best Buy mailed to the house in two days and cancelled the DJI order and then ordered the DJI Care. That’s how I will do it from now on. It seems if you don’t order a new DJI drone in the first 5 minutes you might as well wait for another company. Now that I have an Air, FPV, Mini3 Pro, Mavic Pro and Avata it may be a few weeks before my next DJI drone order…

My Mini3 order was horribly screwed up with improper shipping to Alaska so Fed Ex returned it before it got to me due to incorrect shipping procedures for batteries. It took over 2mo for the order to get here. Now, for my Avata, I texted an inquiry about cancelling because Best Buy advertised them locally and I wondered about the DJI care situation. Best Buy did NOT have it available in spite of their website saying it did. Today I got an email from DJI…they cancelled the order and refunded me. DJI has no ability to actually put a person at the “top of the list” in spite of saying they will expedite it. There website says “shipping tomorrow“ or something similar but actually they are out of stock. I have a drone vacation at the end of the month and have ordered from BestBuy as I think it will come before DJI will. I will NEVER order directly from DJI again. Absolutely the worst service and the worst ability to communicate of any business I have ever worked with.
In summary, you are mad at DJI because they won’t make you jump the waiting line for the hottest new product which has far more demand than production capacity, after you cancelled your order to buy it somewhere else ?

In summary, you are mad at DJI because they won’t make you jump the waiting line for the hottest new product which has far more demand than production capacity, after you cancelled your order to buy it somewhere else ?
Uh no… not sure how you got that but whatever.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Uh no… not sure how you got that but whatever.
Sorry if my question offended you as I was trying to understand the base of your claim against DJI. If it was not the case then you imply that they cancelled your order without your explicit request ? Sorry for you if it was the case but it is highly surprising. Anyway, may be you could have checked that Best Buy had your order in stock before making this inquiry to DJI… and happy that you finally got your drone.

Don’t even get me started on the sub-par battery life for the M2Pro. I have four batteries and each of them has developed case swelling after modest use. I have not stored them at full charge, kept them in doors, did not drop any of them and they swell after even short flights. Called DJI and they could not care less. ”They’re out of warranty”- so buy more of our batteries or go KOA’.

Similar issue here. Pre-ordered the Mini3 with normal controller (non RC version).

For two months the more expensive DJI RC version showed as the only mini3 as in-stock and suddenly the DJI site showed the alternate older controller + Mini3 combo as in-stock. Out of curiosity, I started to fill out the order form for the same mini3 combo and it was in-stock and would be delivered within a week, if I clicked submit. Great! That must mean my back-ordered Mini3 must have shipped? Nope, two weeks later, no notice and I had to contact DJI support and demand they ship it. The mini3 finally arrived three weeks after everyone else was able to order and receive the same mini3 from the DJI website, so thanks DJI for treating me worse than someone who ordered several months after my pre-order. Grrr. 😖

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS