DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I will NEVER order from DJI again.

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My Mini3 order was horribly screwed up with improper shipping to Alaska so Fed Ex returned it before it got to me due to incorrect shipping procedures for batteries. It took over 2mo for the order to get here. Now, for my Avata, I texted an inquiry about cancelling because Best Buy advertised them locally and I wondered about the DJI care situation. Best Buy did NOT have it available in spite of their website saying it did. Today I got an email from DJI…they cancelled the order and refunded me. DJI has no ability to actually put a person at the “top of the list” in spite of saying they will expedite it. There website says “shipping tomorrow“ or something similar but actually they are out of stock. I have a drone vacation at the end of the month and have ordered from BestBuy as I think it will come before DJI will. I will NEVER order directly from DJI again. Absolutely the worst service and the worst ability to communicate of any business I have ever worked with.

I was actually shocked that the Best Buy down here in Portland had the Avata in stock days before I got mine from DJI. They must have learned their lesson from the Mini 3 and pre-ordered this time. I have to say I have placed three orders recently for the Avata, Ronin RS3 and some accessories and they have been pretty accurate on their delivery times. My only gripe is that I wish they would send email status updates instead of making you check the web site for updates.

Reactions: LoudThunder
My Mini3 order was horribly screwed up with improper shipping to Alaska so Fed Ex returned it before it got to me due to incorrect shipping procedures for batteries. It took over 2mo for the order to get here. Now, for my Avata, I texted an inquiry about cancelling because Best Buy advertised them locally and I wondered about the DJI care situation. Best Buy did NOT have it available in spite of their website saying it did. Today I got an email from DJI…they cancelled the order and refunded me. DJI has no ability to actually put a person at the “top of the list” in spite of saying they will expedite it. There website says “shipping tomorrow“ or something similar but actually they are out of stock. I have a drone vacation at the end of the month and have ordered from BestBuy as I think it will come before DJI will. I will NEVER order directly from DJI again. Absolutely the worst service and the worst ability to communicate of any business I have ever worked with.
If you lived in the lower 48, do you think your order would have been messed up also? Is it possible that your order is handled differently as it was shipped from the lower 48, could it be considered International Shipping since it has to cross Canada, and FedEx has different rules (or even international laws?) that it has to folow?

Probably shipped from Russia, nearer that the lower 48 🤣🤣🤣 (sorry). [Language removed by ADMIN] Must admit, never had an issue with any DJI orders so yes, possibly due to having to effectively leave the USA, cross Canada etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you lived in the lower 48, do you think your order would have been messed up also? Is it possible that your order is handled differently as it was shipped from the lower 48, could it be considered International Shipping since it has to cross Canada, and FedEx has different rules (or even international laws?) that it has to folow?
the mini3 pro would NOT have been messed up if I had been in the lower 48. It’s a battery issue with Alaskan orders. Orders of separate batteries simply can’t be sent by … almost any vendor or at least almost none are willing to go through the hassle involved to ship lithium batteries to AK. Now I have any such orders sent to my daughter in Vancouver WA and she repacks and sends them to me. The Avata order was just a mess up in that the chat people took it upon themselves to cancel the order since I had inquired about it. Maybe a language/cultural thing. Dunno but I’m done ordering directly from DJI.

DJI is too large for any consumer to be important. Also it's a Chinese company with a Chinese corporate culture. There are so many retailers that would love to have your business. The one company I use repeatedly now is B&H Photo in NYC. I've found them to be very responsive and their Payboo credit card saves me the 10.25% sales tax that gets charged everywhere else. The other company I have used is Drone Nerds in Florida. A small company, but I was more than satisfied purchasing a refurb M2P from them. Getting a drone or a part direct from DJI would be my last choice. My first Mini 2 was detemined to be defective and I made the mistake of sending it to DJI as it took 2 weeks to get a new one. B&H, whom I bought if from would have replaced it immediately had I the good sense to contact them first and send it back to them.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit unfair to blame DJI for the complicated local Alaska laws that screwed up your order. Anywhere else in the US it would probably have gone through flawlessly.

First off, DJI failed to label and package the Mini 3 Pro properly right off the bat. Then after failing to do that correctly I was shunted back into the order cue when it was an even longer wait with no help in trying to actually expedite the order. As it was explained to me, the chat/help people have no actual connection with the shipping people so all I could do was to order over again and begin the wait. In the second instance the chat folks took it upon themselves to somehow cancel my order after I simply inquired as to the consequences of cancelling vis a vis the dji insurance program. Shipping batteries to AK is admittedly complicated but their failure in both instances is, IMHO squarely on DJI. In any case I -should- have the Avata within just a day or two after ordering from Best Buy. We’ll see how that plays out. Not so humorously just yesterday in Best Buy there was exactly 1…count ’em, 1 sales person on the entire floor. Now THAT may not be their fault with the struggle to find help but that was an eye roll. To the credit of the fellow stocking shelves he jumped in and did help more than one customer.

DJI is too large for any consumer to be important. Also it's a Chinese company with a Chinese corporate culture.

Bingo !

@akdrone the relative resending is the way to go, hibernated batteries are such a low risk. they'd have to get a case penetration to really be a possible issue.
I get my FHT strobes this way in the past, a niece on the US east coast.

@akdrone well just to give a balanced view to this thread ,i am sorry that you feel that DJI have let you down ,but for me the story has been completely different ,both my original MM and my fairly recent purchase of the Mini 3 pro , both direct from DJI and ordered on release day arrived within two weeks of placing order,in fact the Mini 3 pro came within 10 days of my order being placed

I purchased three air 2s in a week with the 3rd being GTG

The ability to easily exchange / return was invaluable.
1. BB (wouldn’t fly)
2. Amazon (motor error)
3. BB (GTG

BB was by far the better choice.

Reactions: Droniac and AZDave
DJI is too large for any consumer to be important.
I know DJI is BIG, Really Big, but in spite of this they have a really good track record as far as I am concerned. Granted, I am in the lower 48, Virginia specifically, and the first time I had to return my Mini 2 after a crash, it was replaced very quickly. Emails and shipping labels arriving within hours of my initial email notification.

However, I did have an issue with the replacement Drone and I had to send it back under warranty and it took a while to get a replacement.

But they admitted their mistake and sent me a brand new battery as a form of apology.

I wrote it all up and posted it in MavicPilot and the posting is listed below, so I will not repeat it here, but I did not agree with the statement, "DJI is too large for any consumer to be important"

Sorry to hear of your unpleasant situation with DJI. I’ve ordered a M2Z, Mini 2, DJI FPV, M3C and M3P as well as several extra batteries and accessories directly from DJI and all arrived here in rural Alberta in 10 days or less.

I ordered parts for my Mini-2 from AliExpress. The prices were unbelievably cheap even though they were authentic DJI parts! And shipping was included.
I didn't believe I could get it at those prices. But they were so low, I figured it was not much harm if I lost it all.
They took 3 months to arrive, 2 separate orders.
But it's only when you get delivery that the merchant gets his/her money. Otherwise they will refund.
I was extremely satisfied in spite of the wait.

I ordered parts for my Mini-2 from AliExpress. The prices were unbelievably cheap even though they were authentic DJI parts! And shipping was included.
I didn't believe I could get it at those prices. But they were so low, I figured it was not much harm if I lost it all.
They took 3 months to arrive, 2 separate orders.
But it's only when you get delivery that the merchant gets his/her money. Otherwise they will refund.
I was extremely satisfied in spite of the wait.
AliExpress uses standard mail shipping. The cheapest shipping method for them. This is why it takes so long to get to you. I have ordered many things from them and most take at least a month and half to reach Canada.

They are responsive and often not. They are and have been consistently inconsistent. That’s my concerns and reasons to be sheepish from direct purchase. Repairs? Great vendors who are very cool to deal with are on this (very cool) site. Godspeed, Droniac

Amen to that brother! Once was enough for me.
Most reputable USA Retailers bend over backwards to keep customers happy.

I feel like I am just a number in a giant machine when ordering directly.

Now well over 100 DJI Drones owned.

I almost always order my DJI equipment from Amazon. If anyone can get through the DJI red tape, it's Amazon. Plus, easy returns, if needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78