DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I wish DJI sold drone only packages!

It will almost certainly be a repair situation costing much less than a replacement, if anything occurs.
Particularly with the tame, methodical training program that I have planned...which may start today!

Iratus is here!

:)
:)

MMFPV!

Reactions: EpicFlight
Couldn't agree more. I have an RC-Pro (no confirmation that it will work with the Mini 3 yet but I'm hopeful). And I have my original RC1 controller from my A2s. I just don't need to pay for another controller just to sit and collect dust. *shrug*
100% agree.
DJI is maximizing their profit by insisting that you buy a drone AND a controller when it really isn't necessary.

True. Once I get the RC Pro, then I will talk to DJI about it. However, I do think DJI is missing out on a whole sub-market. Instead of customers having to search sites like eBay, they could get what they want from DJI or and approved vendor.

Chris
Have I got news for you

Have I got news for you
Yes, good to see that DJI is offering the Mini 3 Pro as a drone only package, although I find the price a bit steep for a drone and a battery. I just got my RC Pro yesterday and got it all set up today but haven't had time to use it yet (still charging). I am hoping DJI will have a future firmware update to allow it to be used with the Mini 3P as I will probably eventually pick one up to replace my Spark for time when flying my M3 is not practical. I also like that the Mini 3P is rated to fly in weather as cold as -10ºC as I do a lot of cold weather flying so it would be an excellent complement to my M3.

Chris

Reactions: EliteBleader
It's too bad that DJI doesn't sell just drone only packages that include the drone and a battery for those people who already have a controller or who are upgrading their controller.

I agree that having a "Pick-a-Pack" would be a boon for those folks who have upgrade desires like you suggest, but if they did, they would still need to continue marketing their drones as they are doing now…

I've know too many folks who when given a choice, they cannot make a decision, I call it "Paralysis through analysis"…

They read too much and each separate factor seems to blend into a fuzzy cloud and they just cannot decide it A is better than B, even if A comes with C, even though B is cheaper and they do not even need C…

I myself was caught between the Mini SE and the Mini 2, the SE is cheaper and the difference in cost was a couple of batteries, I did not need the 4K capability but the Ocusync was only available on the Mini 2… Back and forth and forth and back… But the Ocusync finally won me over and I could not be happier with my Mini 2

Reactions: Chrislaf
When I started this thread, I was hoping DJI would make drone only packages available for their drones and at the time I was looking into getting a Mini 2 to replace my aging Spark and fit in the sub 250g category. Wow! How fast things change!

Now that the M3P is compatible with the RC Pro I figured the time was right to get one, so I picked up a drone only package a couple of days ago and now have a M3P that works with my RC Pro in addition to my Mavic 3. I hope DJI will consider releasing future drones with drone only options as well as it is much more environmentally friendly.

Chris

Reactions: LoudThunder
You can buy the avata drone only which is great

You can buy the avata drone only which is great
Didn't know that. That is great. Hopefully this trend will continue. Too bad they haven't done it with their other drones like the Mavic 3. At the time I bought my Mavic 3 I probably would not have done anything different, but today there are more choices (controllers) for future buyers so I don't see why they don't offer the Mavic 3 and other drones they sell with options to choose drone only packages. It would be a good move on their part and would be more environmentally friendly.

Chris

. I hope DJI will consider releasing future drones with drone only options as well as it is much more environmentally friendly.

Chris
Trust me- they will. Selling the Mini 3 in "component" packages boosts their MARGIN considerably. A Mini 3 RCN1 and one battery= $759. Add $189 for the FMC to get extra batteries and little else of value. Bare bones with DJI RC controller $909 , and a flymore kit, again $189 or $259 to get the extended batteries. About$1100 USD. The Mini 2 with fly more was, if I recall about $600. So the Mini 3 basic + FMC with fewer accessories in the FMC is $948, almost a $350 increase that basically gave us a boost in camera function and added sensors. I can't imagine that the increased margin for that "package" is any less than $200/unit. They did the same thing with the Mavic 3. $2200 for the M3 with the RCN1? Compared to the contoller on the Mavic 2, the DJI RC and the RC Pro, the RCN1 is a dumbed down brick and I think an insult to DJI customers. DJI's marketeers and bean counters are shrewd and have pushed us into upgrades, that again, build margin. And while I don't inow about the sales of Mavic 3's there is plenty of margin in that drone, but they must be right about how they've structured pricing on the Mini 3 because sales of that drone is more than robust. Forme the DJI RC for $150 extra was the catalyst for buying the Mini 3 and seems to be a good choice. I'd never have upgraded from the Mini 2 if the RCN1 or RC Pro were my only two controller choices.

Didn't know that. That is great. Hopefully this trend will continue. Too bad they haven't done it with their other drones like the Mavic 3. At the time I bought my Mavic 3 I probably would not have done anything different, but today there are more choices (controllers) for future buyers so I don't see why they don't offer the Mavic 3 and other drones they sell with options to choose drone only packages. It would be a good move on their part and would be more environmentally friendly.

Chris
I know they have the other ones in stock with packaging but not sure about availability

I think if you are replacing a lost drone or a crashed drone they will allow you to buy a replacement but I haven't heard of them allowing one to buy a drone they haven't previously owned. If I could buy a Mini 2 and battery from DJI for a reasonable price, I would consider it.

Chris
At my local drone shop (DJI authorized dealer) you can buy just a Mini 3, without the controller. No one asks what you previously owned, they just assume you own the controller. You can also buy just controllers.

At my local drone shop (DJI authorized dealer) you can buy just a Mini 3, without the controller. No one asks what you previously owned, they just assume you own the controller. You can also buy just controllers.
I did just that, picked up a M3P drone only a few days ago, but before the M3P you could not buy a drone only package except from some dealers as a repair item if they had it in stock. Now it is widely available and is marketed as one of the packages available.

Chris

Trust me- they will. Selling the Mini 3 in "component" packages boosts their MARGIN considerably. A Mini 3 RCN1 and one battery= $759. Add $189 for the FMC to get extra batteries and little else of value. Bare bones with DJI RC controller $909 , and a flymore kit, again $189 or $259 to get the extended batteries. About$1100 USD. The Mini 2 with fly more was, if I recall about $600. So the Mini 3 basic + FMC with fewer accessories in the FMC is $948, almost a $350 increase that basically gave us a boost in camera function and added sensors. I can't imagine that the increased margin for that "package" is any less than $200/unit. They did the same thing with the Mavic 3. $2200 for the M3 with the RCN1? Compared to the contoller on the Mavic 2, the DJI RC and the RC Pro, the RCN1 is a dumbed down brick and I think an insult to DJI customers. DJI's marketeers and bean counters are shrewd and have pushed us into upgrades, that again, build margin. And while I don't inow about the sales of Mavic 3's there is plenty of margin in that drone, but they must be right about how they've structured pricing on the Mini 3 because sales of that drone is more than robust. Forme the DJI RC for $150 extra was the catalyst for buying the Mini 3 and seems to be a good choice. I'd never have upgraded from the Mini 2 if the RCN1 or RC Pro were my only two controller choices.
DJI, like any company large or small needs to make a profit to stay in business. What their profit margins are, I don’t know. With that being said, I did find the price of the drone only package a bit high but I only needed the drone and not another controller and was glad it was offered that way and made compatible with my RC Pro. I can pick and choose what I want to buy even if it costs me a bit more in the long run. At least I don’t get a bunch of parts I have no use for.
Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e