DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I wish it wasn't blowing at 30 MPH today

mikemoose55

Reactions
Had a wild idea... where I live there is a canal, man made waterway covered with a thin layer of ice and about 1 inch of powdered snow.
If I could fly I would have done my best to create a classic all be it rough "crop circle" in the middle of the canal with no evidence of access or retreat...it would have been so cool
to create that in the otherwise pristine snow cover..... it would drive the locals here nuts maybe tomorrow :p
mikemoose55

Your bird can fly in 30mph winds [emoji6]. I flew my MP1 in the storms that we have here in Maui. Winds 37, Gusts were 40-44mph according to UAV forecast.
Very stable flight. You just have to take off and land in a secluded area that’s protected from wind. Once in the air, no problems

I kind of know that but at this stage of my life i try to me more wise instead of 1551919246541.png;)
BTW I live in central NY the temperature before chill factor today in the bright sunshine was 14 degrees F.
Great for a Budweiser pretty crappy for flying. If I were in Maui like you I would fly with you and then we could crack a 1551919572894.png

Last edited:
Your bird can fly in 30mph winds [emoji6]. I flew my MP1 in the storms that we have here in Maui. Winds 37, Gusts were 40-44mph according to UAV forecast.
Very stable flight. You just have to take off and land in a secluded area that’s protected from wind. Once in the air, no problems
Good to know. I also live on Maui and have been hesitant to fly in high winds. Buy I took a chance yesterday flying over the ocean to some whales and it was no problem. My confidence is growing!

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Good to know. I also live on Maui and have been hesitant to fly in high winds. Buy I took a chance yesterday flying over the ocean to some whales and it was no problem. My confidence is growing!

Kalepolepo park (end of kaonoulu st) in Kihei was where I took off from the beach. Around 1400’ out, there seems to be a mom and baby hanging around the “fishbowl “.
Also fly out by Makena Landing is a great spot.

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Had a wild idea... where I live there is a canal, man made waterway covered with a thin layer of ice and about 1 inch of powdered snow.
If I could fly I would have done my best to create a classic all be it rough "crop circle" in the middle of the canal with no evidence of access or retreat...it would have been so cool
to create that in the otherwise pristine snow cover..... it would drive the locals here nuts maybe tomorrow :p
mikemoose55
Crop Circles , Drone Style

Kalepolepo park (end of kaonoulu st) in Kihei was where I took off from the beach. Around 1400’ out, there seems to be a mom and baby hanging around the “fishbowl “.
Also fly out by Makena Landing is a great spot.
I'm in Kihei also and agree on Makena Landing! Happy flying!

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123