DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I would like a complete pre-flight checklist

Saigondroner

Reactions
Hi,

I made the inadvertent mistake of taking a Tello, w/a Gamesir, a Spark, and an M2P out over the weekend with some family. I had problems, due every drone having a different setup work flow. Bluetoote to Wifi, Wifi to WiFi, OTP, or nothing required. I use Litchi, Drone Blocks, Tello EDU, Drone Deploy and Go 4, depending on purpose (and bird). Main screen is an Iphone 7+, or an older Ipad Mini.

The combinations among multi drones has become complicated. My generic pre-flight checklist has grown old.

What is the best way to perform quality pre-flight? Create a combined list, or have uniquely individual drone lists

I think I know the answer, but respectfully ask for other thoghts

If I were you, I'd have a specific and unique checklist for each airframe. Otherwise it's possible you'll get one confused with another trying to decypher the "combined" checklist and miss a step.

90% of a pre- flight list would be the same for any UAV so all you need is to state the different ways that the UAV connects to the controller and the display app,depending on the model

Reactions: Saigondroner
For starters:

Here is the one I set up for my Mavic Air.

Attachments

• MA Preflight Checklist.pdf
    405 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
I particularly like the last two on your list, how many people get home only to realise they left something in a random field.

Thanks to all. It can get a bit cumbersome. Does anyone have a a checklist when a sugar crazed 2yo runs off with the drone? LOL! My response is to use very stern VN, 'drop it'.....basically.

I hit take off 10+ meters, and ask if the boy if he wants a coconut shell haircut (think Moe, 3 stooges)

My lesson learned is do not bring all the the cool kit, for family fun.

No Winnebagos here.....;-)

Sincere thanks :)

90% of a pre- flight list would be the same for any UAV so all you need is to state the different ways that the UAV connects to the controller and the display app,depending on the model

Very true. I’m going to try putting together a model by model list, hobby or commercial. Quite a lot of pages, but only 1 per event.

Thank you

How about an electronic checklist? Can be easily modified to your needs.

Here a sample i use:

For IOS, here the link to the appstore: ‎Checklist+

Hi,

I made the inadvertent mistake of taking a Tello, w/a Gamesir, a Spark, and an M2P out over the weekend with some family. I had problems, due every drone having a different setup work flow. Bluetoote to Wifi, Wifi to WiFi, OTP, or nothing required. I use Litchi, Drone Blocks, Tello EDU, Drone Deploy and Go 4, depending on purpose (and bird). Main screen is an Iphone 7+, or an older Ipad Mini.

The combinations among multi drones has become complicated. My generic pre-flight checklist has grown old.

What is the best way to perform quality pre-flight? Create a combined list, or have uniquely individual drone lists

I think I know the answer, but respectfully ask for other thoghts
This Pre & Post flight check was made for mavic , but can be tailored for your bird

Attachments

• Pre&Postflight Checklist.pdf
    606.6 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: ff22
I have a separate checklist for each drone I own. They are laminated, large enough to read easily, and kept in the case with each drone. There are slight differences among those for the different drones.
My preflight starts at home so I don’t leave anything I may need.

OK, what's a 'Gimble'?

I'll bite....a 'gimble' is a common item found on UAVs. UAV pilots commonly risk large amounts of their hard earned money buying gimbles, with the hope they will neither completely lose the item, but luck out & end up in the winner's circle with a great photo or video.

I'll bite....a 'gimble' is a common item found on UAVs. UAV pilots commonly risk large amounts of their hard earned money buying gimbles, with the hope they will neither completely lose the item, but luck out & end up in the winner's circle with a great photo or video.

I thought that was a gumball.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+