DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Icelandic Farms

Robert Prior

Reactions
Hovering over the flat fields of south Iceland, just east of Eyrarbakki.

Shot with a Mavic 2 Pro as three spherical panoramas bracketed two stops apart. Stitched with PTGUI Pro to produce three aligned panoramas, which were tone-mapped with Photomatix. The ground of the resulting HDR panorama was processed a bit with Color Efex (tonal contrast), the sky filled in with Affinity Photo, and then the whole panorama tweaked in both Affinity Photo and Aperture.

Hovering over the flat fields of south Iceland, just east of Eyrarbakki.

Shot with a Mavic 2 Pro as three spherical panoramas bracketed two stops apart. Stitched with PTGUI Pro to produce three aligned panoramas, which were tone-mapped with Photomatix. The ground of the resulting HDR panorama was processed a bit with Color Efex (tonal contrast), the sky filled in with Affinity Photo, and then the whole panorama tweaked in both Affinity Photo and Aperture.
Strange how the ground looks perfectly fine but there are several blue splotches in the sky....

Strange how the ground looks perfectly fine but there are several blue splotches in the sky....
Yeah. No matter what I do I can't get my raw images perfectly devignetted. It's not obvious in clouds, but shows up for clear blue skies. (There's also an obvious seem that I didn't notice until after uploading, and fixed, but can't replace on Roundme as the site seems to be slowly losing functionality.)

That's one reason I now just use JPEG images for panoramas. As I shoot bracketed anyway the lost dynamic range isn't an issue, and I get better skies.

I read on a post here somewhere that PtGui does better on the sky vignetting when using tiffs instead of raw files. I like your pano anyway--got any more of Iceland?

I read on a post here somewhere that PtGui does better on the sky vignetting when using tiffs instead of raw files. I like your pano anyway--got any more of Iceland?
I was using TIFFs in PTGUI, but the software I have doesn't do a good job of converting them.

More Iceland here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13