DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Icy Pond in Hector Land Use Area, NY

One of the many beautiful frozen treasures in the Hector Land Use Area.

Hope you enjoy the view and there is a little thin ice landing thrown in there to demonstrate another use for the Rescue Jacket by @Phantomrain.org

Mike

Did you shoot or edit to B&W? Was there some / a lot of fog? Oh wait, it went color, but quality is not great. Think it is you using DropBox for storage.

May want to test out the free version of VIMEO to see if the quality of what shows on screen is better than DropBox.

Sadly, we won't see a hard freeze like that here for falls or lakes. Maybe small ponds, but that would be it. Glad I no longer live in the Frozen North, where had to endure up to -50 with windchill and beyond. We actually hit -75 one winter in ND. I'd never seen anti-freeze or such things ever freeze up like that. Engine heaters WERE A MUST!

Did you shoot or edit to B&W? Was there some / a lot of fog? Oh wait, it went color, but quality is not great. Think it is you using DropBox for storage.

May want to test out the free version of VIMEO to see if the quality of what shows on screen is better than DropBox.

Sadly, we won't see a hard freeze like that here for falls or lakes. Maybe small ponds, but that would be it. Glad I no longer live in the Frozen North, where had to endure up to -50 with windchill and beyond. We actually hit -75 one winter in ND. I'd never seen anti-freeze or such things ever freeze up like that. Engine heaters WERE A MUST!
This is confusing me. The glare off the snow was bad and it looks a bit overexposed in the beginning to me but nowhere near like other folks are describing when I watch it from dropbox. You aren’t the only one saying the video quality is poor so I need to figure out why.

Mike

This is confusing me. The glare off the snow was bad and it looks a bit overexposed in the beginning to me but nowhere near like other folks are describing when I watch it from dropbox. You aren’t the only one saying the video quality is poor so I need to figure out why.

Mike
Just like your other videos you posted from DropBox. They were a bit in stuttering, so no idea why - I don't use DropBox. Never had an issue linking from VIMEO, which the forum recommends as one of the linking sites. Does it do that for DropBox as well.

I'm sure the snow created A LOT of issues for sure, as first minutes were like in black and white, then bam - it was in color and as you panned around it almost went to like B&W again. I know I get a bit of grain when light conditions are not optimal, esp using auto exp.

One of those trial and error kind of things with snow and harsh light - like filming over water on a bright sunny day and tons of glare. Video at setting "A," then make some changes to white balance, exposure, ISO, etc in manual and test flight again. Then compare to see what settings were best.

Even test with VIMEO, since you can create a FREE account and upload "X" GB's per week. If it works for you, then I'd suggest going up a notch from Free to a paid one with a better upload amount as 5GB's burns thru quickly if using 2.4 / 4k or long videos even in 1080p.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Let’s see if this is any better. I uploaded this one to youtube to see if dropbox is the issue. It still needs work that I can’t do. I see the glare from the snow and white sky and it looks like fog on the lens. It changes with the location of the bright white parts of the shot from what I can see. I don’t think I can fix that with iMovie on my iphone.

Mike

Reactions: tlswift58
Let’s see if this is any better. I uploaded this one to youtube to see if dropbox is the issue. It still needs work that I can’t do. I see the glare from the snow and white sky and it looks like fog on the lens. It changes with the location of the bright white parts of the shot from what I can see. I don’t think I can fix that with iMovie on my iphone.

Mike

Video plays better and better color, but the glare remains an issue that won't be fixed by where you post it - which you know already.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman