DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Aunt Sarah’s Falls. Montour Falls, NY

Seeing it was so windy out at the lake today I decided to get a little video of one of the bigger local waterfalls.

Hope ya like it. More to come.

Mike
My main drone video / pics are waterfalls. Don't think I'd get that close to the waterfall, but know you were still a few feet away.

Now's the time to get out and do some waterfalls with near freezing temps to capture that frozen look too. We do need some rain here in WNC though, as it's been awhile and most falls are turning into trickles.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
My main drone video / pics are waterfalls. Don't think I'd get that close to the waterfall, but know you were still a few feet away.

Now's the time to get out and do some waterfalls with near freezing temps to capture that frozen look too. We do need some rain here in WNC though, as it's been awhile and most falls are turning into trickles.
There were a couple times I was a little closer than I intended to be. Propwash and odd air currents around a falls are so unpredictable. Part of the fun I guess. The M1X has @Phantomrain.org wetsuit so as long as I don’t let it get hold of the drone the water and mist aren’t much worry.
We just got our first snow so I may go out and get some shots today. Like you said, the frozen stuff is so pretty!

Mike

Reactions: tlswift58
I think you might be the First Ever posted on the Forum whose Drone Got Baptized by the Water Fall Gods without falling to the lady of the lake. Even though the music was playing , all i herd was the Power of that Water and the Splash.

Not sure about the quality of the video , as that seemed off. but worthy of a 4K post.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Drone in the Rain and get Baptized by the Water Falls,

There were a couple times I was a little closer than I intended to be. Propwash and odd air currents around a falls are so unpredictable. Part of the fun I guess. The M1X has @Phantomrain.org wetsuit so as long as I don’t let it get hold of the drone the water and mist aren’t much worry.
We just got our first snow so I may go out and get some shots today. Like you said, the frozen stuff is so pretty!

Mike
No joke on unpredictable currents. Try that in ATTI Mode and you'll have a stiff butt pucker going for sure. LOL

Glad with my Air2, esp with video I can use some zoom to get nice and close without being close. Pics - oh well - go big or go home, right!

Some of the higher elevations here in the Smokies like Clingmans Dome and Mt. LeConte have gotten snow / heavy frost - but no flying there due to NPS. Some people who have made last treks up and taken photos of giant icicles hanging down. Clingmans closes its 7 mile road in a couple of days, but you can hike any time up to LeConte - spikes are a near requirement on the trail.

Waiting for some more rain and near freezing weather to hit some local falls that ice over fairly well - esp with the spray on the rhododendron / mountain laurel. We don't usually get that cold and for long enough for the falls to freeze here.

Def post the snow photos. Drones gets some great shots you'd never get with a land camera.

Reactions: slozukimc
I think you might be the First Ever posted on the Forum whose Drone Got Baptized by the Water Fall Gods without falling to the lady of the lake. Even though the music was playing , all i herd was the Power of that Water and the Splash.

Not sure about the quality of the video , as that seemed off. but worthy of a 4K post.

Phantomrain.org
I think the video issue was with DropBox. Got the same kind of stuttering when viewing.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org
About the video quality? Suggestions? It was a very gloomy day so lighting was pretty poor.

Mike

About the video quality? Suggestions? It was a very gloomy day so lighting was pretty poor.

Mike
Just to clarify , you took video from the SD card that was on the Drone , and that was 4K or 1080 , what was the base video, I dont think it was lighting . If you want upload the original file to drop box and send it to me , lets see what the best quality could be. Its am amazing video well worth the effort.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: tlswift58

Mike
What were you shooting at? If 1080p, which is fine at above 25 fps, should be good even using auto exposure settings.

If 2.4 / 4k - then I'd think it was DropBox that was the issue. Never had an issue with VIMEO, which the forum suggests for linking.

Just to clarify , you took video from the SD card that was on the Drone , and that was 4K or 1080 , what was the base video, I dont think it was lighting . If you want upload the original file to drop box and send it to me , lets see what the best quality could be. Its am amazing video well worth the effort.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Good question. I will find out.

What were you shooting at? If 1080p, which is fine at above 25 fps, should be good even using auto exposure settings.

If 2.4 / 4k - then I'd think it was DropBox that was the issue. Never had an issue with VIMEO, which the forum suggests for linking.
He posted a video download that is 13 minutes long but only 65.5 MB , does that seem right to you, The quality is very poor.

I’ll figure all of this out eventually! Thanks for everyone’s help and comments!

Mike
I just looked at the download you sent me, its really clean and super smooth and really came out nice so it was the upload process you used , Im going to play with this , thank you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

I just looked at the download you sent me, its really clean and super smooth and really came out nice so it was the upload process you used , Im going to play with this , thank you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.
Could it be settings I don’t know how to use in iMovie? Remember, I am editing on an iphone.

Mike

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones