DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ideal amount of batteries? How many batteries do you have?

I have 4 batteries for my M2P....being retired I tend to spend a morning or afternoon driving between various spots to fly taking photos and video. After flying on a battery and shutting the AC down, I will not try and use it again at the next site.

Better safe than sorry.

Good idea. Haven't thought of that yet.
Seems I used to fly all down and then would see something
only to have spent batteries so that’s how that evolved.
?

Reactions: Thomas B
Had 3, but I only have 2 now since my tree incident. I’m still learning so 2 is enough for now. I’ll probably buy another before my holiday later in the year.

I haven't seen any answers to the question, "How many batteries can you fly on one controller charge?" I haven't had enough flying opportunities to judge that, but it would be good to know.

I haven't seen any answers to the question, "How many batteries can you fly on one controller charge?" I haven't had enough flying opportunities to judge that, but it would be good to know.
Hi @RogerDH if you are using an ios device to view you flights which dont drain the RC batteries very much you should be able to fly 4 batts with out problem on one charge just make sure that you start off with a full battery of course it depends on the length of each flight

Reactions: WooZie
i have 5, but only really need 2. Bought a fly more combo with missing drone for a good price before christmas 2019. These dji batteries will last a long long time because they are 18650s and they are fairly cheap. I would use the other batteries for timelapses and trips or distance flying / tracking. I can go thru all 5 on a single RC charge with energy to spare.

Reactions: easyheimer
I have 4 and it's enough "most" of the time, if I had 5 I'd probably rarely use them all but if I had 3 I would want more so in the end 4 is the right amount for me.

Have two and I am on the lookout for one more for the purpose of having one left over for the trip home in case I get the urge to take a quick flight over something extra interesting. Right now I always end my flying time with the second battery partially full, just in case......

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111