DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ideas for drone formation flying?

Reactions: Former Member
Cant wait to see your production on Ken's Thursday night live show!

I am telling you that I am uber jealous as this is something that I really want to do.

Cut down some bottle rockets and fashion some small tubes that can be Velcro'ed onto the bottom of the Mavic. Un twist the fuses so they burn slow. Take off and let them shoot out from the front as footage is captured from above or below! LOL . Now I'm getting wacky ...

I admit I am a bit chicken with formation flying, but have gotten pretty close and looking good with prop guards n our Mavics.

View attachment 73998
RCdancer, Keule and Rob (the smiling one) on D-Day!

ROTFL. That's our expressions when a giant fireball erupts over the lake as all the drones spectacularly collide ... and Rob gleefully anticipates all the new work coming his way. We need to stuff all the drones with Tannerite.

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
RCdancer, Keule and Rob (the smiling one) on D-Day!
I'd love to join D-day - unfortunately i'm 4162 NM East of Acworth Beach ... :(

I admit I am a bit chicken with formation flying, but have gotten pretty close and looking good with prop guards n our Mavics.
You just boiled down a potentially complicated situation to something very easy. We should all wear prop guards, that would probably help reduce the amount of collision risk

Reactions: mereflyer
Thunderdrones has a great idea for the climax of training on June 8th at Acworth Beach. An "Apocalypse Now" scenario of a drone formation coming across the lake with a single drone behind and above filming the formation group. Post editing would add the soundtrack from "Flight of the Valkeryies".

Ideas for safe drone formation flying? I'm thinking perhaps a lead drone that slowly and safely flies with all other drones "tracking" a drone in front of them. It is possible to track an airborne object?

Any other ideas on drone formation flying?

Sounds like a MAC waiting to happen. Unless you can give these people some serious formation flying skills prior......

Sorry it won’t be the video to end all drone videos. Since it’s been done a dozen times just look at YouTube. But it will be cool. As flying it. Just get some good pilots.

Sorry it won’t be the video to end all drone videos. Since it’s been done a dozen times just look at YouTube. But it will be cool. As flying it. Just get some good pilots.
I have seen some videos with multiple drones in the air but they were not flying formations. Some of the Atlanta drone meet up people had 35 drones in the air at the same time. Now that's a lot..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
comoxvalleydroneservices