DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Idiot award?

I've NEVER once done this before! That's because I've done this MANY times before! Welcome to the club! :D:p

Don't worry today I took my drone out I was going to fly then had to do a couple work calls it got too dark so then I went to put the Drone away put the gimbal lock and cover back on and then I took another call and went you know what I'm going to turn on anyways just to check to see if there's any updates that I need to do just to do them and get them out of the way and of course I turned it on and forgot to take the gimbal cover and lock it off and I felt like an idiot but I like that keychain thing that's a good idea

I am in the stupid line too. I have made labels to remind me but in the moments of getting off the ground, I overlooked it 2-3 times. Also left my SD card in the computer one time. UGH,UGH,UGH
but getting past it now hopefully. SLOW DOWN!

I would like to say I have NEVER done this ...... But I can't welcome to the club.

I have a spare SD card in my bag although I did shoot a wedding once (with my DSLR) and left the cards at home, of course my camera uses a SD and CF, I scrounged around the guests and managed to borrow a few low capacity low grade SD cards and got the wedding done but it was very slow processing.
I now keep spare cards in my cars and wallet.
I have just ordered one of those lens cover/locks on ebay and will use that.
It is good to feel welcome in such erudite companyThumbswayup

Reactions: jwnipper
Bunyip, don’t put that award too far up on your trophy case. It needs to be passed around to the rest of us on a fairy regular frequency. I love your humility. I know it’s been discussed endlessly on numerous threads, but as a frequent Mavic flyer, who travels for a living, I want to say again that the camera lock hood product has been a great product for me. At first, I ditched the clip and lined the original hood with foam. Then the tabs broke and I had to buy a new camera hood cover. I finally bought the camera lock hood and it has served me well. If those tabs break, I’ll be buying a simple hood and just stuffing a lens cleaning cloth into it as recommended by one of our contributors. IMHO, the clip is over-rated. At least for me and my travels. (my two cents)

Reactions: Montypaks
If you attach something like this "remove before flight" keychain, you can be your own hero next time ;)

View attachment 25210
Bro. It could be a lot worse. My brother in law saw my pictures of the hurricane harvey flooding, asked me what I flew and after recommending the MP...he bought the platinum. I have shown my mavic to several people at work, 4 of which bought a mavic...so I used a pre-flight checklist and laminated 6 of them for new pilots. Anyway...gave him the preflight checklist. He never used it. Threw the gimbal clamp away, and the gimbal dome, then on his first flight he took off almost in complete darkness at dusk and crashed his brand new MP platinum into the house across the street. I've had my mavic pro since March, I still have the little plastic sleeve protecting my transmitter display and I've never crashed my mavic. I've also forgot about the gimbal clamp more than once, and I am far from an idiot. Sometimes people forget, doesn't make you an idiot. Also msinger's idea is genius.

Don't beat yourself up buddy.

Paul

Reactions: Landmix
Bunyip, don’t put that award too far up on your trophy case. It needs to be passed around to the rest of us on a fairy regular frequency. I love your humility. I know it’s been discussed endlessly on numerous threads, but as a frequent Mavic flyer, who travels for a living, I want to say again that the camera lock hood product has been a great product for me. At first, I ditched the clip and lined the original hood with foam. Then the tabs broke and I had to buy a new camera hood cover. I finally bought the camera lock hood and it has served me well. If those tabs break, I’ll be buying a simple hood and just stuffing a lens cleaning cloth into it as recommended by one of our contributors. IMHO, the clip is over-rated. At least for me and my travels. (my two cents)

I spared no expense on my MP. I got the fly more kit, and I have a total of 5 batteries along with the nanuk 920 hard case with the strap. Its designed for the MP, and its an incredible way to protect the Mavic. I highly recommend it. Never broke a tab on my gimbal cover yet.

NANUK 920 DJI™ MAVIC | NANUK

I spared no expense on my MP. I got the fly more kit, and I have a total of 5 batteries along with the nanuk 920 hard case with the strap. Its designed for the MP, and its an incredible way to protect the Mavic. I highly recommend it. Never broke a tab on my gimbal cover yet.

NANUK 920 DJI[emoji769] MAVIC | NANUK
I got the same case. I like it i got the orange one lol

There are only 2 kinds of mavic pilots:

There are those who have, and those who will
I'm not a bad ***. I'm just good at judging risk vs. Reward. Lots of luck in there too. But I live along the gulf coast and almost always fly over water. If I lose her due to a crash...she probably isn't coming back.

Im really surprised that didn't throw an error when it was starting up and attempting to calibrate the gimbal. How did it make it to flight?

No error when calibrating or I didn't see it which is not hard in bright sunlight but got an audible warning after takeoff, was only a few seconds into it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming