DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Idiot award?

Tomorrow job, attach a streamer or two and try to stay at the end of the queue.
I use a rubber band with the remove before flight streamer. I loop the rubber band from the gimbal cover and stretch it back over the MP arms so before I even extend them out, I’m reminded to take of cover and gimbal lock.

An amusing thread....... Ok, I did it once..... but I’m not mentioning it again ;-) In a rush to set up when I saw another drone above my house. I wanted to know where my competition was located. Did I find out ——- NO lol

I once needed to change an ND filter and forgot to power my Mavic off. My wrestle with the gimbal was like with an anaconda:

8b9120fce5707bbc651dedc310d10325.jpg

I won, but only after some furious resistance and angry noises from the gimbal.

I have never had the Mavic give me an error if I forget. I simply see the video look like it's through the eyes of a drunken sailor and instantly realize "D'oh!"

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Lemme see if I can squeeze in on the top pedestal...

Wanted to play some VR games the other day. Was puzzled for a moment why the VR headset launched with that chime and that floating cubes animation... until I realized that it is NOT Samsung Gear VR I put on my dumb head! Duh!

:D

Today, I was turning on my portable speaker and caught myself pressing the button the same way we turn Mavic on: short press, then long press. Do I deserve an Honorable Mention in this Pantheon? :D
Lol! I now turn everything like that on too... Tvs, phones stereos... Etc (yes even with the remote)

Lol! I now turn everything like that on too... Tvs, phones stereos... Etc (yes even with the remote)

I thought it was just a fluke occurrence, but now a day doesn't pass that I don't try to turn something on with the Mavic method. I think the damage to my habits is now irreversible. :D

This just in: woke up at 6:30, put my new awesome altimeter digital/analog Casio watch on, .....wait! why does it show 1:00 with its hands?! and digital readout shows "NOW"!!! Is this a joke? "NOW" what??? :D At this moment I remember reading reviews on Amazon how this watch is hard to set up and sync the analog and digital time... great, my morning is going to be wasted by pressing arcane combinations of buttons and reading 1pt font in matchbox-sized manual...

Well, turns out this idiot put the watch upside down (it doesn't have a crown, so easy to do), and 1:00 is 6:30 and NOW is MON(DAY). :D:D:D

Idiot "NOW"!!! (reference to Seinfeld's "Serenity NOW!") :D

I hope I can get a share of The Award, if not by quality, then by sheer quantity. :rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I like to RTFM, and one day I was reading about RTH and couldn't understand a **** thing. It took me some time to realize that I'm holding my tablet upside down. When I read about RTH in upright orientation, I still couldn't understand a thing. :D Especially those mysterious 20 and 5m thresholds that alter RTH behavior - WHY?!

Anyway, just inching my way to The Pedestal. :D

Another quick fix and inexpensive solution would be to purchase the Polar Pro Gimbal Guard. It covers the camera lens so that when you power on your MP and your screen is black, then you know your gimbal guard is on...Just another alternative.

Another quick fix and inexpensive solution would be to purchase the Polar Pro Gimbal Guard. It covers the camera lens so that when you power on your MP and your screen is black, then you know your gimbal guard is on...Just another alternative.

Wonder what lens rubbing against the cover when gimbal is wrestling with it would do.

Wonder what lens rubbing against the cover when gimbal is wrestling with it would do.

There shouldn’t be any type of rubbing as there is a small gap in between the guard and the lens. It’s a pretty tight and secure fit as well. I also keep a ND filter on pretty much all of the time as well...

There shouldn’t be any type of rubbing as there is a small gap in between the guard and the lens. It’s a pretty tight and secure fit as well. I also keep a ND filter on pretty much all of the time as well...

Again, just another solution to a pretty common mistake made by the pilot...

im just waiting till we can turn on our mavic with our voice,why not?,my mouth turns on all my lights,my tv,my thermostat,my security cameras so why not my bird?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard