DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If I duck, so should you.

Thanks old man Mavic, again it's a ( personal decision), not a mandate on wearing vests, or not, unless flying commercially.

Reactions: old man mavic
I tend to shy away from people mostly in the event that something goes wrong. However, I do like to see how their curiosity perks up when my MP zoom is perfection in the sky. With DJI’s brains and my still steady hands especially after flying RC helicopters for years, I am at least in 30’s of the number of people that said they were going to get one and that is a good feeling.

WDK

Reactions: Alky1229
Haven't we had enough of violence and threats this year?
"Context" is everything.
Is not Dale's post highlighting the injury, hurt, bruising etc that a drone can inflict. The 'me' in " I will kill you if you get near ME" - is it not the drone! There need not even be pilot intent!
It saddens me that in your part of the world you have to endure that 'violence begets violence'....Detroit leading your nation in violent crime. No doubt a little humour begets humour. May we all find some each day.
Safe flying and navigating of wayward drones...from Down Under.

Reactions: Alky1229
This is the one I wear sometimes:

Before You Ask Drone Funny Drone T-Shirt
Where did you get this one

"Context" is everything.
Is not Dale's post highlighting the injury, hurt, bruising etc that a drone can inflict. The 'me' in " I will kill you if you get near ME" - is it not the drone! There need not even be pilot intent!
It saddens me that in your part of the world you have to endure that 'violence begets violence'....Detroit leading your nation in violent crime. No doubt a little humour begets humour. May we all find some each day.
Safe flying and navigating of wayward drones...from Down Under.
Thanks for coming to my defense.The speech police are at it again.

Yes, this past summer in the U.S. there was a lot of violence, and burning, and looting, etc. Nobody condones it except the crazy people. My attempt at humor apparently fell flat with one of the readers. I chose not to engage that writer further, because this is a simple drone forum and not worth debating.

My feelings would be on my vest if I truly had that printed on a vest. I do not want or encourage anyone to be near me while I am concentrating as hard as I can on my drone about to be lost in the overcast sky, and on my screen, and on my thumbs, and on people around me. Stay the heck away from me.

I think you Aussies are much more tolerant anyway than some of our rigid people who try to control our speech. I will not be bully'd by them.

well now i guess that i am going to throw a spanner in the works
i always have, and always will wear my bright yellow vest , i have found it to be a great way to let people know what i am doing ,when i am flying my drone if you are flying in a legal and safe manner then there is no need to hide away ,i understand that there is the danger of attracting the criminal element, to give them the chance to relieve you of your equipment ,but even then i have no intention of hiding away to fly,whether or not you choose to wear a hi vis vest is purely a personal thing ,unless you are flying commercially,then it can be a requirement,depending on the location
But wear a lime colored vest with NO lettering. The general public assumes that you're on official business when you have that on. Ad a white safety helmet too.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
AhHa! FLYING IN A LEGAL AND SAFE MANNER! That would be nice. But in my environment, sometimes I have to fly on the edge of what is allowed. Literally, on the edge of a NFZ and a fly zone. Best, for me, not to attract attention, and not to ask permission. I do not fly commercial. Have never sold a penny (?farthing?) worth of film. The default setting of most people and public officers is to say no and sort it out later.
What does everyone think about taking donations for photos?

Dude.

Why'd you bring the drone? It's easter.

Well I heard there would be an egg hunt, so I was just going to help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky