DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If it doesn't work on the ground, it's not going to fix itself in the air.

Former Member

Reactions
One thing I've learned through a life long passion in aviation is that if an aircraft is not performing correctly on the ground, it's not going to magically fix itself once it gets airborne. In fact, it might get worse and might even cause you to lose the aircraft and maybe more.

I am guilty a few times out of the thousands of flights that I have had that once the adrenaline gets pumping, I just wanna get up and fly despite some minor problems. It's at that specific time that an owner or pilot is most vulnerable to an error in judgement in order to try to outrace a storm or catch an event with only very short notice. As winter approaches, it's going to be a factor because you just want to get out, get your flight done and get back inside. A pilot might want to overlook a slight anomaly just to get airborne. That could be a big mistake.

I feel the same way about using generic batteries, generic props, and flying with a compas error before I even take off. I would rather just not fly and save myself a lot of time, money and aggravation.

Take your time, if something doesn't feel right it probably isn't, and don't let adrenaline ruin a perfectly good aircraft.

Last edited:
Great advice thanks, my MA has been a little goofy lately and I just have been ignoring it. Sometimes not always when I take off it will rise up and the snap turn about 90 degrees then it flys just fine think I'll cal the IMU before I fly again and see if that stops

Reactions: Former Member
Great advice thanks, my MA has been a little goofy lately and I just have been ignoring it. Sometimes not always when I take off it will rise up and the snap turn about 90 degrees then it flys just fine think I'll cal the IMU before I fly again and see if that stops

Might be a good idea.

Thank you for your service.

Agreed, I bought some aftermarket props and did one flight with them. I needed peace of mind so I only use those for pics now because they are red. I bought more ‘REAL’ ones [emoji847]

One thing I've learned through a life long passion in aviation is that if an aircraft is not performing correctly on the ground, it's not going to magically fix itself once it gets airborne. In fact, it might get worse and might even cause you to lose the aircraft and maybe more.

I am guilty a few times out of the thousands of flights that I have had that once the adrenaline gets pumping, I just wanna get up and fly despite some minor problems. It's at that specific time that an owner or pilot is most vulnerable to an error in judgement in order to try to outrace a storm or catch an event with only very short notice. As winter approaches, it's going to be a factor because you just want to get out, get your flight done and get back inside. A pilot might want to overlook a slight anomaly just to get airborne. That could be a big mistake.

I feel the same way about using generic batteries, generic props, and flying with a compas error before I even take off. I would rather just not fly and save myself a lot of time, money and aggravation.

Take your time, if something doesn't feel right it probably isn't, and don't let adrenaline ruin a perfectly good aircraft.
Like the saying goes......
There's old pilot's
There bold pilot's
......but there never is
Old Bold Pilot's .!
....cR