DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you didn’t know it’s news to you

Does anyone have any idea why there have always been control settings listed under advanced gimbal settings that have nothing to do with the gimbal? Now it looks like the actual gimbal settings are missing. Also the expo settings come with default nonlinear settings, I guess it's going to take a bit of experimenting as others have said.

Reactions: dziki
@hiflyer201 the advanced gimbal settings refer to what the gimbal does when the drone is yawed ,and are a way of setting how quickly the gimbal reacts to the yaw movement and also when the drone stops yawing how quickly the gimbal stops

@Vic Moss maybe that ability to control the actual braking response ,will be added in another update ,until then all we can do is try to be a smooth on the sticks as we can while DJI play catch up with the fly app and give us more features around control response settings

@Vic Moss maybe that ability to control the actual braking response ,will be added in another update ,until then all we can do is try to be a smooth on the sticks as we can while DJI play catch up with the fly app and give us more features around control response settings
I've been told "2022 will be a good year" when I talk to my DJI folks about this.

Reactions: old man mavic
@Vic Moss to be honest with you when the fly app first came out for the MM DJI really cut down on the amount of options ,for setting flight parameters ,in an attempt to simplify the app and make it more user friendly for new drone flyers
then they adopted the app for more capable drones in the Mavic stable and the app did not keep pace with developments ,hopefully all these issues will be addressed in time ,and then we can all enjoy whatever drones we have

Reactions: dirkclod
Try searching YouTube. There are a lot of guys out there who describe how the expo function works and under what conditions or situations they use different settings.
Thanks. I watched a couple tutorials explaining it, and went out to try different settings. They all appeared the same and even moving the line to a dramatic curve is the same as the default setting. Anyone have this problem? Or is it a problem?

@Vic Moss to be honest with you when the fly app first came out for the MM DJI really cut down on the amount of options ,for setting flight parameters ,in an attempt to simplify the app and make it more user friendly for new drone flyers
then they adopted the app for more capable drones in the Mavic stable and the app did not keep pace with developments ,hopefully all these issues will be addressed in time ,and then we can all enjoy whatever drones we have
DJI should have kept completely separate apps for new drone flyers/those wanting simple flying with lower drone models and those wanting full controls/flying higher up models.
Everything else simply produces mess good for really no one.

Just like the endlessly repeating train wreck Microsoft has made with Wintoys.
(can't call anything after 7 as Windows)

Thanks. I watched a couple tutorials explaining it, and went out to try different settings. They all appeared the same and even moving the line to a dramatic curve is the same as the default setting. Anyone have this problem? Or is it a problem?
I personally, never have changed the settings. I'm so used the the default settings, I fly worse when I change them.

1.5.4 , I think, I just let the phone update the Fly App when it said an update was available. Normally I decline updating.

Yaw speed states how fast the AIRCRAFT yaws and that it what my 2 does. Other may have different results.
it seems that those setting definitions have had a change of wording from the ones in the GO4 app have not had chance to try the new update yet will check those settings out the next time i fly

Reactions: hiflyer201
it seems that those setting definitions have had a change of wording from the ones in the GO4 app have not had chance to try the new update yet will check those settings out the next time i fly
I don't know why that particular setting is in the advanced gimbal settings. I've always thought that people not finding a way to control yaw was perhaps a reason they were unhappy with the Fly App. It's always been there but in the wrong spot.
Am I wearing this out? hope not..I'm your biggest fan :)

Reactions: old man mavic
@hiflyer201 not at all ,i try to be accurate in my posts ,but sometimes i do say the wrong thing and give incorrect advise ,and i have no problem with someone correcting me if that is the case

the stick response covers the three axis normally if you want a very quick response then you set them so that the line of the graph goes straight from one bottom corner through the center and up to the top opposite corner so that would be a direct linear response to stick movement ,when you set a curve the movement the drone makes to a particular stick input is reduced at the beginning of the movement but then as you move the stick further it goes up quicker ,after the initial movement ,and whats great about it is the fact that you can set three different stick responses to a given input ,so you could have a direct linear response to say throttle input ,but then lower responses to elevator and ailerons just one thing to mention make a note of your preferred settings as sometimes they can be lost during updates
Thank you sir!

I read the whole thread, and I was about to say, "Suppose someone has absolutely no clue what this is about, how you change things, and what happens if you do?"

But since you just answered that question, I don't need to ask it anymore!

Now, I'll pay attention to this while I'm flying, and see if I'd like to change any of the settings.

Thx!

:)

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilotltd