DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you had to buy a new drone, what would it be?

I'd probably build another 250 racer, sold my last one to get the Mavic and I really miss the high speed and responsiveness of it. I might even try out the DJI Racing Edition goggles too. -CF
No !!!! Never get rid of a racing quad for a DJI, that's like running with the Greyhounds only to come home and walk the Chiwawa !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Montypaks and Chirp
No !!!! Never get rid of a racing quad for a DJI, that's like running with the Greyhounds only to come home and walk the Chiwawa !!

220MM 4S DSHOT 600

I do regret it sometimes but I am also big into photography so the Mavic is obviously the better choice in that respect. I do plan on building another racer some day (when I have the money). How big are the props you're running? I was running six inch props, a 4s 75C LiPo, and Cobra 2100KV motors, it really hauled! The other thing I really miss is that you can smash a racer into the ground at like 75MPH and just walk over, brush off the dirt and throw it back there! -CF

Reactions: Chirp
I do regret it sometimes but I am also big into photography so the Mavic is obviously the better choice in that respect. I do plan on building another racer some day (when I have the money). How big are the props you're running? I was running six inch props, a 4s 75C LiPo, and Cobra 2100KV motors, it really hauled! The other thing I really miss is that you can smash a racer into the ground at like 75MPH and just walk over, brush off the dirt and throw it back there! -CF
I run Cyclone 50/45 props which are 5" for a 220mm frame, 250mm will accept a 6" prop my motors are BH_Heli Racestars 2200KV as well

I would get the Karma with the new Hero 6 camera.
The camera is removable, waterproof, shockproof and dustproof. It has better frame rates and wider angle lens than the Mavic.
The kit comes with a handheld gimbal and a built in display screen on the RC unit. No need to buy a separate phone or tablet and no worries that the next update will not work on your device.
I have been thinking of buying the Hero 6 anyway for my other hobbies. When the Karma kit goes on sale again, I might get one or I may what to see what they offer in the next iteration.

Reactions: Callum and Chirp
Anything I got would need a better camera - I'm so tired of the grainy, noisy, blotchy video on the Mavic. Even my GoPro1 takes better quality video. I'd like to spend a lot more time flying and a lot less time in post rather than the other way around.

Thanks for that QK. It looks interesting for sure. I wonder if the arms will open wide enough for a standard iPad...ll
Yes, my Autel clamp opens to 7.5". It should accept the iPad but will not yet accept their newest update, iOS 11.2. Until software compatibility is achieved, either don't update or use an android. There is an ongoing discussion here: Camera disconnect after firmware upgrade

The Mavic & X-Star are different animals. Although they are equal in quality, the former wins in portability & popularity while Autel is acclaimed for its camera & customer service.

Last edited:
Yuneec Typhoon H w\Real Sense. They are on sale for $1200 at Best Buy. The standard model is $700.

If I had to buy another, ti would certainly be another Mavic. I've been building and flying my own quads and hexes for three years and the Mavic rendered all of them obsolete.

I agree with Johnmc17, No one out there has yet been able to even approximate what the Mavic is able to do daily.

The Inspires are for the pros and not worth that kind of money unless you are making money with it, but if I were, I would go for one of those as well.

Have Autel XSP, love it! Not as convenient to transport as MPP, but extremely happy with. Comes with case and customer service is top notch

This has 4k @ 30 which is nice. I keep seeing that the Mavic Pro has 4k @ 30 but haven't figured out how to do that using NTSC.

This has 4k @ 30 which is nice. I keep seeing that the Mavic Pro has 4k @ 30 but haven't figured out how to do that using NTSC.
There is really no need to exceed the 30FPS the Mavic provides unless you intend to render your videos in slow motion and/or do very detailed color correction in post edit. The faster the frame rate the slower you can make the video appear by rendering. IE: video shot at 120FPS rendered and played back @ 24FPS will be around 5 times slower than the original. This is great for action shots that happen very quickly. Many video editors provide a feature to slow down or speed up the original video without filming at a high FPS.

Many video editors provide a feature to slow down or speed up the original video without filming at a high FPS.

True. I'm getting fabulous slow-mo results with Premiere Elements 2018 and 1080 30 footage (my older HDTV is 1080p). Both my desktop and laptops have Intel i7 processors (Win 7 OS, 8GB RAM), which means I can easily edit without ever needing to render my timelines.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52