DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you want to have "fun"...take a look what is coming...

Yes. Had to do this as well in Go 4.0.8 some weeks ago when flying in Singapore.
But only one time.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
No, it's not an argument. It is just a sharing of experiences.

Yes however you are right. A user outside of China will not be experiencing this. I did not get this when I am in Hong Kong. But in China I do. So in theory it can be done. Whether it will be done for users outside of China is a separate topic altogether which is not the discussion we are having in this thread.

Why I am so sure? It is because I did see the NFZ expand to a much bigger area overnight on the last app version
I understand , sorry if I went off topic --- you should share your work around with the rest that are in the same boat as you
Pretty smart of you to figure out a possible workaround --- My Hats off to you with all my respects Thumbswayup

Reactions: syke
China seems to be more controlling then the US --- I'm not knocking your country it's just the law of the lands that we live in
If your unhappy with what is happening I hope you guys find a way around it --- it's sad when your unable to Honesty enjoy yourself
while doing something you enjoy

Not my country, I just happened to live here. lol...

Yes. Had to do this as well in Go 4.0.8 some weeks ago when flying in Singapore.
But only one time.
Whoever it was that did that stupid move with the airliner at that airport over there is mostly to blame for what is happening within the drone community Internationally --- what was this person thinking ??? Now we all will pay one way or the other

Reactions: ZUCSTA
But only one time.

I believe it is a one time thing. However, I would be really upset if I had to get a local number just to verify my account.

I believe it is a one time thing. However, I would be really upset if I had to get a local number just to verify my account.
Yeah that would Sux -- I'm all for safety but I think China is taking it a little to far with local phone numbers to fly --- Me and my Mavic are registered with the FAA in the US if I ever did anything stupid The FAA # are all over my AC it will just be traced back to me which I think is enough -- Maybe DJI would be better off when they sell there products to make sure that the customer is Registered with the local authorities B4 the sale ? it would be a much easer to accept then to go about it the way they are.
This is just my opinion

I have one - so I just put it in and all has been good since then
So You and Syke are saying it is only one time you have to put your number in ?
What if you travel say 15 miles and go to fly would you have to put your numbers in for authorization again ?

Now what's the big difference from registering with the FAA to having to provide your phone #??

Hey Folks ,

I am brand new to drones just received my Mavic Pro yesterday. Since then watching setup tutorials to be prepared for first flight and come-across with this firmware update issue as well.
Please any experienced Dji Pilot out there would be kind and give a clear answer about this 30/50 m limitation?
Especially that part "you need to connect and sign in..." because what if i am outside of my country and don't have cellular 3G/ 4G or WIFi connection on the spot where I wanted to fly my Mavic?
Ps.: Sorry if I repost or so ... I did looked the previous posts but still confused.

Thanks in advance & Safe flights everyone.

Now what's the big difference from registering with the FAA to having to provide your phone #??
Not really -- if your a safe flyer and don't plan on doing anything stupid -- I see no problem with registering with them its done onetime only and my information is being given to the proper authority's not over the interweb and to a company that has no reason to have my personal information to keep tabs on me, other then my Credit Card # and delivery address

Last edited:
Reactions: Egika
I think what he is trying to say is that it significantly reduces the places you can fly even when they are ridiculously far away from an airport. I am beginning to experience this now in my own backyard due to a hospital heliport almost 5 miles away. DJI APP informed me that my return to home would pass through a NFZ and would stop and hover until I took control. It is a bit over the top.

Hey Folks ,

I am brand new to drones just received my Mavic Pro yesterday. Since then watching setup tutorials to be prepared for first flight and come-across with this firmware update issue as well.
Please any experienced Dji Pilot out there would be kind and give a clear answer about this 30/50 m limitation?
Especially that part "you need to connect and sign in..." because what if i am outside of my country and don't have cellular 3G/ 4G or WIFi connection on the spot where I wanted to fly my Mavic?
Ps.: Sorry if I repost or so ... I did looked the previous posts but still confused.

Thanks in advance & Safe flights everyone.

Depending on the country you are visiting? I am not certain the phone verification (not sign-in) is mandatory for which countries.

With that phone verification thing, you can forget flying with the GO4 app. That notification stays in the middle of the screen. You can't get rid of it. Without the GO4 app, you will be limited to 30/50 limitation.

However, in the case of Egika, it was only a one time verification. Do it once and you will be fine.

If there is no need for you to verify your account with a local phone number.
Sign-in just means clicking on "Go Fly" on the main screen. No 3G/4G or wifi required. This is assuming that you have already logged in previously with your user name and password and did not log out your account.

Thank you again Syke for your in depth explanation That it is a 1 time account verification you have to do with your local #
Sorry to be a pain in the *** --- I do feel that what is happening over by you in China will more then likely be tried else where in the World

Maybe not.
Btw : what happens if you fly it with a tablet that doesn't have a SIM card?!?

Reactions: MAVA4
Maybe not.
Btw : what happens if you fly it with a tablet that doesn't have a SIM card?!?

Crystalsky? No SIM card, no Wi-Fi, DJI wouldn't have the slightest clue where you are. Hence, you wouldn't need to verify your account. But you would have to download all the maps into your GO4 app before your travel.

I would really hate to fly without satellite view.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest