DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If you wish to be on the DSAR Drone Search/Rescue registry

Registry now contains 14 pilots from the following states:
AL, CA, CO, GA, IL, NC, NH, OH, TN

PM me if you want to be added to the registry.

Last edited:
Registry now contains 18 pilots from the following states:
AL, AZ, CA, CO, GA, IL, NC, NH, OH, TN, TX

PM me if you want to be added to the registry.

Attachments

• DSAR_Map.jpg
    DSAR_Map.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
You can’t legally fly a SAR flight without 107 certification. Take the training ..... maybe it will motivate you to take the 107 test. :)
I’m just a recreational pilot With drone I insurance, I make no money at it. State Farm cancels insurance for 107 pilots. That’s why I was looking for a work around, just trying to be nice and keep my insurance.

I am currently a Volunteer with Longmont Public Safety. I am a member of the Citizen Volunteer Patrol. The CVP works with the Longmont Police Department.

I am a part 107 pilot, sUAS and fly a DJI Magic Air.

I would like to be placed on the DSAR register.

Rudolph (Brad) Bradley
Longmont, Colorado 80503
303-818-2732
[email protected]

Completed your training and got your certificate, also have some Air Force SAR:
Name John Winkopp
Location Cocoa Beach
State FL
Phone 321 345-3855
Email [email protected]

Craig L. Johnson
Mccordsville (Indianapolis), Indiana
I completed your training today.
I did not get my certificate.

Reactions: RCdancer
That's a bit of a grey area and I'm not aware that the FAA has commented specifically on SAR training. If you asked an FSDO I suspect that they would say what they always seem to say - it's not recreational - but I seriously doubt whether they would care enough to pursue it.

I don't have links to verify this but somewhere in the "regs" there is a carve out for training. That's how we are able to train Public Safety Depts and fly in training with them without them having Part 107 (although our course is designed to train them for Part 107 testing).

I'll reach out to one of my sources and see if he can "cite" where it's stated that training still falls under hobby/recreational operations so long as you're not getting PAID directly for the training.

Reactions: sar104
I don't have links to verify this but somewhere in the "regs" there is a carve out for training. That's how we are able to train Public Safety Depts and fly in training with them without them having Part 107 (although our course is designed to train them for Part 107 testing).

I'll reach out to one of my sources and see if he can "cite" where it's stated that training still falls under hobby/recreational operations so long as you're not getting PAID directly for the training.

Yeah - our philosophy is that our SAR training is open to any/everyone. And we are not paid for the training. To be put on the registry however is another matter, requiring 107 certification.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard