DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ignoring legality, do you fly over other people houses in suburban or built up areas?

As title

• No

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • No, not my 'thing'. (NMT)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • No, NMT + concerned what might happen if the drone came down.

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 73 42.0%
  • Yes, that is main interest, I like such 'city-scapes'.

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Yes, that is my only option, no access to any other sort of location.

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Yes, but "force of circumstance" e.g. under flight path to/from intended subject

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • Have done by accident or force of circumstance but NMT

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I live in a rural area, where it’s impossible not to fly over houses when filing the surroundings.
I’m not filming per-say anyones home, but they get on shots sometimes.
I never have, and never will buzz a home, but flying around and over them is just part of it.

Yes all the time.I just keep 200ft.+ altitude so no one thinks I am trying to look into there homes.

Reactions: ScottTX
I live in a rural area, where it’s impossible not to fly over houses when filing the surroundings.
I don't think you need to be too concerned. Filing is a pretty innocuous activity, most people see it as a chore, and are unlikely to want to even discuss it with you, concerned they may be asked to help.

When you're done filing, I'd recommend some drone flying.

😁

• Haha
Reactions: Kentucky Ranger
Yes I fly under part 107 and sometimes you have to fly over people or dwellings I guess if you live on a deserted island or in the middle of the desert but just about everywhere I fly I have to fly over something

I would say no. I will go up to but not over a property, but not allow for sufficient border that within the error of the GPS and flight control that I might marginally encroach. If you were somehow able to post process or independently measure then perhaps I have.

I would keep away from houses or buildings on the property and not go nearer if I saw people relaxing privately coming into view.

Never.
I bought the drone for landscape photography and the countryside is only a short drive away.

I’m amazed that people are saying it’s impossible not to fly over other people‘s houses. It may be difficult or inconvenient to avoid them, but it’s rarely, if ever, impossible.

Reactions: okw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic