DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Im a Teal Drone. What's my appeal?

Kate

Reactions
I see the Teal drones are available.

So i think its safe to say the speed is the selling point. So 10 minutes of flight time right there.
Which we know means 9 mins. Add in time to land and thats 7 minutes of flight time.

so ability to fly 70 mph is now kind of sketchy. Your getting further away quicker, so signal loss is a factor
im sure it has a good rth, auto land on power low, etc...

So far the appeal to me is being waterproof (see my other post) but it's still lacking
I dunno. Im sure it's Fun as Hell, and hats off as it was a kickstarter i believe, but for the price?

The Erida Tricopter (whilst possibly vaporware) with 40 mins and similar speed would be
the obvious choice

thoughts on keyboard *shrug*

I really wanted to like this drone, who wouldn't, but it's just pieces stuck together
not much actual engineering going on

im likely being a cynical *******, but tmo

As uninteresting as it gets. Might be fast, but with the size and fixed camera there isn't any appeal to it being fast in the first place.

This faster-is-better marketing is beyond dumb: it's irresponsible. Saying it's the world's fastest production drone is probably not true anyway. It hinges on what you mean by "production". Plenty of drones in the non-DJI hobby market can do 85mph for a lot less than $1300. I seriously don't know who is going to buy this thing. Not racers (too expensive to crash all the time), not AP guys (no gimbal) and not neighborhood cruisers who don't need or want 85mph.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998