DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm about to purchase a Mavic and I was wondering a couple of things.

SouthernComfort

Reactions
Is there a Mavic Pro 2 available and is there any difference between the Pro and the Pro 2? Secondly, what should I purchase along with the Mavic, 3 batteries, and controller? TIA

There is currently one Mavic Pro in the market.

3 batter are sufficient I'd say, more flying time. Ultimately depends on your usage - around 20 mins per battery (landing at a safe level of 30 percent) really a question you need to ask your self..

Controller is a must for Mavic - otherwise you would waste a very powerful drone. If you are on a budget, there's no shame in going for the Spark. Yet, if you want to fully benefit of Mavic's capabilities, take the controller; you will not regret it.

Reactions: scooot
I got 3 batteries with the fly more bundle.
Normally when I'm out I find these suffice. There's loads of accessories for the mavic which I'm sure you'll soon find out [emoji23][emoji23]
Fly safe [emoji106]

Last edited:
Is there a Mavic Pro 2 available and is there any difference between the Pro and the Pro 2? Secondly, what should I purchase along with the Mavic, 3 batteries, and controller? TIA

As stated above, there is only the Mavic Pro version, no just Mavic or a Mavic pro2. Also it comes with a controller unlike the Spark that requires you to pay extra for one.

With that out of the way, its all in what your planning on using it for. If your looking for Professional use I would suggest the P4 or the inspire although for me they are to bulky.

Pro's
Great footage from the air
can be turned with easy into a motion cam using the Katana
Very Portable
Easy to fly
Tons of settings to make it fit you.
many Flight modes (ex. Follow me, track, ect...)
good flight time , 20-30 min depending on conditions.
Range is awsome (Avg 2 miles)

Cons
The gimble is very fragile
Easy to fly (meaning anyone can even those without common sense creating issues for those who love the hobby)
Can be complicating on how to set up camera settings, sometimes feels like I need to take a college course.

I am sure there are more Pros and Cons but those are the main ones for me.. I have 2 batteries and plan to get one more soon, as for other items I would suggest getting a Loc8tor (in the event it goes down so you can find it easier) , a Good case, and a Skin to help protect the body over time. also you could use your phone but DJI seems to have put more focus on Apple so I use a Ipad Mini4 , fits the controller great and has never blinked out on me and there is no lag.
Last thing, I took the advice from the hobby shop I bought it from and I am holding off on "UPDATING" anything till they can prove the updates will do no harm, I am firm believer if its not broke dont try to fix it.

Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78