DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Im beginning to think DJI Smart Controllers are non existent

Johnthemann

Reactions
Im not sure where to start on this rant. I have been looking for a smart controller for a few weeks now and have tried to purchase unsuccessfully 4 different times. The first was on eBay a guy said he had a new one in hand and could ship the following day so I paid and waited on tracking info and waited and waited only to finally have to file a claim with paypal to get my money back. Move forward a week and DJI sent me a note saying they had a few in stock and since I had inquired I would be first on the list...so again I paid and waited and waited...still nothing..so another refund. The third try was with a drone specialty shop (can't think of the name) but they said in stock at 649.00 so I ordered..I immediately got a phone call from the owner who said they have 5 coming in the next day and he would get it out by the end of the week..guess what?..never happened and no controller so another refund. Last week Best Buy said they had them in stock and I could have it by Saturday...so once again I drank the Kool Aid...and guess what they even gave me a tracker...but the USPS number says still processing..and again it's Monday and no Smart Controller and no idea when or if I will ever see it. Im about to throw in the towel on this thing and keep using my Ipad. Anyone else had similar issues?

Reactions: MKurr
The ONLY thing I like about the sc is it works with nothing else attached to it. That’s it.
I use the mini more.

Reactions: Thomas B
Are you in the US? Smart Controllers are currently in stock here at Best Buy.

They are also available here on Amazon at an almost normal price. There are others available on Amazon, but they are all north of $800.

Reactions: dioscuriII
No they aren't..I was just on the phone with Best Buy(they have my 800 bucks)..and have been waiting with a promise for delivery last Saturday and I don't do Amazon.

Reactions: Starz
Apparently aside from the bundled Smart Controllers there are very limited amount of Sc's around; I got one after 2 months of waiting and the seller told he had over 44 orders to fill and got 2 from DJI. (about a month ago)

Im not sure where to start on this rant. I have been looking for a smart controller for a few weeks now and have tried to purchase unsuccessfully 4 different times. The first was on eBay a guy said he had a new one in hand and could ship the following day so I paid and waited on tracking info and waited and waited only to finally have to file a claim with paypal to get my money back. Move forward a week and DJI sent me a note saying they had a few in stock and since I had inquired I would be first on the list...so again I paid and waited and waited...still nothing..so another refund. The third try was with a drone specialty shop (can't think of the name) but they said in stock at 649.00 so I ordered..I immediately got a phone call from the owner who said they have 5 coming in the next day and he would get it out by the end of the week..guess what?..never happened and no controller so another refund. Last week Best Buy said they had them in stock and I could have it by Saturday...so once again I drank the Kool Aid...and guess what they even gave me a tracker...but the USPS number says still processing..and again it's Monday and no Smart Controller and no idea when or if I will ever see it. Im about to throw in the towel on this thing and keep using my Ipad. Anyone else had similar issues?
forget the sc buy the epson bt-300 and you will never think about the sc

They are great wait till you get one.

Do you happen to have a Crystal Sky......I do and won't look back... It works with all DJI, Aute l Evo, Parrot Anafi. And a excellent portable reviewing device.....

PS, I use it with the Epson BT35E and it's really awesome. When I want to travel small, it's just the SC and the drone. No cords, cables, mounts, etc. And I can get the drone up in 30 seconds. And put away in 30 seconds. When I have room, the BT35Es are the cats meow. (I have been flying with the BT-300s for over a yearm but had to tradte them in on the BT35E to work with the SC.

Hi JOHN got my smart controller quite easy can not understand why your having so much touble I know they are expensive but when you get yours it will open a new world of flying experience the bright screen even in sunlight,screen size,ease of control hope you get your soon you will not be disappionted Regards Alan

Reactions: drwerner
Hi Johnthemann, I felt your pain...once. I had been looking to buy a SC for weeks and weeks and could never find an online seller that had one in stock. I found a China based seller that had them, but I was concerned about ordering from a Chinese company that I had no previous dealings with and posted my concerns on this forum. Fortunately, one of our members responded to my post and advised me to only order from an authorized DJI seller. He sent me this link to DJI's approved sellers list and said to contact one of these to see if they had any to sell.

I contacted "Fly High USA" from this list and they were willing to sell me a SC from one of their M2P/SC bundles for the same price of just the SC ($649). I ordered it back in May and got it in 3-days. I would suggest that you call them, or another seller and see if they would be willing to sell you a SC from one of their DJI bundles.

I hope that you find your SC soon. I have thoroughly enjoyed mine and I owe a world of thanks to @Aerial-Pixel for his great advice!!!

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Well thanks to Michael I called Fly High USA and he had 3 in stock..its packed and shipped with a tracker from Kentucky. Still on hold with Best Buy (one hour and 15 minutes now) to cancel the order that should have been here on Saturday. I really like talking to a real person on the phone. This vendor is my new go to.

Reactions: Starz and dawgpilot
I have in stock today

lmk if interested they are limited will prob be gone by end of week

have 15 in stock with 100 on order however dji backordered me and I don't know when they will ship until they email tracking so no real eta

forum price $700 shipped

Reactions: 24^
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11