DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm bored.

The Fat Controller

Reactions
Anyone else find themselves at a loss when their drone is out of action? I'm going to be without my Mavic Pro for around a week. It's with a local DJI Approved vendor for repair, hopefully a camera issue. I got the 'Gimbal cannot receive Main Controller data' error and although the gimbal did its wee test dance at the start, and I could see the video feed from it the gimbal wouldn't respond to the controller wheel and the Mavic wouldn't take off. As far as the repair shop goes, 'local' is a bit of a misnomer really, it's the only one in Northern Ireland and over an hour's drive away. Anyway, fingers crossed, hopefully I'll have it back shortly and won't be bored any longer.

Onward and Upward.....

I find myself getting bored flying my Air. I always end up doing the same things with it, get bored and land... Maybe I'm ADD?

Hi bored, I'm Dad. :p

Dad jokes aside, I also am finding boredom before I even get a chance to fly these days.

Get an idea to go to "X" location, pre-planned with respect to no fly zones, weather, wind, etc. Charge up the batteries...
Then either life/family gets in the way and I never make it there, or I get there and then something doesn't feel right or there are already people there, or as soon as I setup a heli or plane comes into audible range.
Then I'm left just sitting there, bored... wondering why I bought a drone or why I even bother.

i suspect you are just as bored when its raining outside or its to windy to fly, but dont worry the week will soon pass,with any luck the weather will be crap and you couldnt have flown anyway

Reactions: cochitiman
Enjoy every flight , ya never know it might be your last.

Hi bored, I'm Dad. :p

Dad jokes aside, I also am finding boredom before I even get a chance to fly these days.

Get an idea to go to "X" location, pre-planned with respect to no fly zones, weather, wind, etc. Charge up the batteries...
Then either life/family gets in the way and I never make it there, or I get there and then something doesn't feel right or there are already people there, or as soon as I setup a heli or plane comes into audible range.
Then I'm left just sitting there, bored... wondering why I bought a drone or why I even bother.

Your not alone, getting bored with flying the drone happens quickly , I would be willing to bet at least half on the forum spend more time on the Mental trip of the Forums itself than actual flying.

When I first started flying it was thrilling but it faded quickly and than I discovered Extreme Weather Flying and that brought the Pulse back up, put me dead center in the elements and every flight is a Trophy run .

Every Run in the Pouring Rain is defying the odds , puts people on edge but for me its an absolute thrill to chase my Mavic 2 in and out of the storm.

So yeah boring happens but being under the Crack of Thunder with your drone a mile away is thrill that never gets boring and was the original reason why I created the Wet Suit for the Phantom and the Mavics.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your mavic in and out of the storm.
Boring is not part that equation.

i suspect you are just as bored when its raining outside or its to windy to fly, but dont worry the week will soon pass,with any luck the weather will be crap and you couldnt have flown anyway
I normally have plenty to keep me busy and in fact my plan yesterday was to drop the Mavic in for repair and then go for a hike up a nearby mountain but it poured with rain and although I got my hike I wasn't able to get any photos as both my camera and my Osmo Pocket remained in my pocket :(

Now why do I feel a Wet Suit is coming for the Osmo Pocket. ?

Just a quick update on the situation. It cost me £180 but my Mavic Pro is now repaired and working as it should. I've taken a couple of test shots and video at home and everything looks OK. Unfortunately we have Yellow weather warnings for wind and rain so it will be another couple of days before I get out with the drone but at least I know it will work properly when I do :)

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes