DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Imax B6 to charge Mavic battery ?

Already searched here and don't see anyone saying they use this charger with the Mavic.
Don't see anything on youtube either.

Well try typing in Imax B6 lipo charger in the search and you will see lots of post about it . Not sure if it's what you want to know but it is there . I think several in the battery mod thread use it ..

Reactions: Dw911
Yeah I saw the battery mod thread but I think it's more to do with using lipos in addition to the stock battery.
I'm interested in charging the stock Mavic battery using the B6 and the cable I linked to in the OP.
I'm pretty sure it would work, just wondered if anyone can confirm it or if there are any issues to be aware of.

DJI batteries are LiHV, which the B6 doesn't have a program for AFAIK. So you won't be chaging them fully.

Reactions: Scobo
DJI batteries are LiHV, which the B6 doesn't have a program for AFAIK. So you won't be chaging them fully.

Wasn't aware of that, thanks.
I'll check my B6 later but I think you're right.
Might still give it a try to see what difference there is.

Reactions: eek
I just did a search on "B6 charger" in this site and got tons of hits.

I though to get one of those plug too, for my imax b6ac, but then thought about getting a "5 in 1 charger" in stead. better for charging multi batteries, but since I had a DJI charger, didn't need another single battery charger. and the DJI hub doesn't make any sense, since the hub only charges one battery at a time anyway.

Last edited:
I just did a search on "B6 charger" in this site and got tons of hits.

I get 12 and the majority are related to the "battery mod" thread.
No mention of anyone using a B6 to charge the stock Mavic battery.
Like I say, I might give it a go just out of interest.

Well, the Imax charging cable came and sure enough, it only charged the Mavic battery to 12.5v.
Found another use for it though. Hooked it up to a 3s Lipo with a step up voltage converter and made a cheap portable charger. :cool:
Would be easy enough to use it as a power bank adapter too with a USB step down converter.

There are several threads. and uTube videos on this issue, do a search.
Super unhelpful. PLease don't waste anybody's time with that. I'm at this page because I've searched and I keep coming up with dead ends like this.

Reactions: Scobo
Is anyone using an Imax B6 lipo charger as a second charger for the Mavic ?
They sell cables for this purpose ..... Charging Cable Adapter for DJI MAVIC PRO Battery to B6 B6AC Balance Charger BS | eBay
I'm guessing you use the 3s charging setting ??
Imax B6 to charge Mavic Pro
I have a SkyRC Imax B6 AC V2 and a SkyRC Imax B6 AC. Both work equally well.
I charge the Mavic Pro Battery like this
I set the B6 to PB charge 4 Amps - 12 Volts
Connect the Mavic battery using the ebay cable. Start the battery (2 presses just as if you wanted to fly the Mavic). Battery green lights come on.
Press the start / Enter button on the B6.
The charger and the battery show that charging is ongoing.

Mavic lipos are not lihv. They are 11.1v wich is a standard 3s lipo ir 3 cell lipo. Lihv would be somthing like 11.4 or 11.5.

Is anyone using an Imax B6 lipo charger as a second charger for the Mavic ?
They sell cables for this purpose ..... Charging Cable Adapter for DJI MAVIC PRO Battery to B6 B6AC Balance Charger BS | eBay
I'm guessing you use the 3s charging setting ??
Scroll down answer has been posted
Imax B6 to charge Mavic Pro
I have a SkyRC Imax B6 AC V2 and a SkyRC Imax B6 AC. Both work equally well.
I charge the Mavic Pro Battery like this
I set the B6 to PB charge 4 Amps - 12 Volts
Connect the Mavic battery using the ebay cable. Start the battery (2 presses just as if you wanted to fly the Mavic). Battery green lights come on.
Press the start / Enter button on the B6.
The charger and the battery show that charging is ongoing.
From what I have readThe DJI MAVIC battery has all the charging battery circuitry to take care of charging, all you need to do is provide a 12v supply.

I have been using the Imax B6 AC V2 for setting my batteries for storage voltage.
Please note that you need to turn off balance charging in the main menu to be able to charge or discharge.
It is working very well and sets up storage at 15.2 V for Mavic 2 pro batteries. (4 cells)
It can also be used for charging the batteries for full charge!

Reactions: zeeeegerman

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas