DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Impressive 7x quality...

I think this is some of the highest quality 7x footage I have seen. Not the most spectacular but from a straight clarity of the lens point of view pretty impressive and usable. Also impressed at the distance of the focus band given it's 162mm...

Love those sheep :D 7x does better than most think.

Cheers, Jon

Love those sheep :D 7x does better than most think.

Cheers, Jon
I find them strangely very relaxing! 🥴 I saw your screen shot showing the difference between what Youtube displays and real world and it was quite staggering. But if Youtube is the issue how do you explain that sheep video? Do you have to post at super high bit rate to avoid crushing the quality? That video has changed my mind about the 7x so I'll probably buy the M3 now. Just waiting for some of those other issues to get resolved.

7x perfect for those eagles!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I find them strangely very relaxing! 🥴 I saw your screen shot showing the difference between what Youtube displays and real world and it was quite staggering. But if Youtube is the issue how do you explain that sheep video? Do you have to post at super high bit rate to avoid crushing the quality? That video has changed my mind about the 7x so I'll probably buy the M3 now. Just waiting for some of those other issues to get resolved.

7x perfect for those eagles!
Yes, somebody told me you have to upload at a high bitrate to get beyond that :( I thought 60Mbps would be reasonable enough to get by, but I guess not. I will try to look at a 100Mbps & see if that helps.

Cheers, Jon

Yes, somebody told me you have to upload at a high bitrate to get beyond that :( I thought 60Mbps would be reasonable enough to get by, but I guess not. I will try to look at a 100Mbps & see if that helps.

Cheers, Jon
Stupid question from me, How do you upload to YouTube at.a higher bit rate?

You have to render it at a higher bitrate first ......

Cheers, Jon
I am just getting into editing as I was not much interested before. I had just bought Filmora so will have a look there and see how to do that, unless you know and can save me the time 😁

I am just getting into editing as I was not much interested before. I had just bought Filmora so will have a look there and see how to do that, unless you know and can save me the time 😁
I use PowerDirector on a PC. When I go to Produce/Render, you can customize all that :)

Cheers, Jon

Just picked up another tip on sharper 7x footage. Zoom in to 28x lock the focus there, then back out to 7x. Because the 28x is working off the same focus point as the 7x (it's digital between the two) it should stay rock solid and as sharp as it can be. Very useful! Note: You can use the Function Button to Zoom without touching the screen

Last edited:
Just picked up another tip on sharper 7x footage. Zoom in to 28x lock the focus there, then back out to 7x. Because the 28x is working off the same focus point as the 7x (it's digital between the two) it should stay rock solid and as sharp as it can be. Very useful!
That's a great tip, thanks for sharing!

Interesting thread. The 11gb video upload to YT is mind-blowing. Bussty thanks for the tip on the 28X focus first (then back to 7X) . . . very helpful. That sheep video is very impressive! Now, if DJI will only release the settings controls for the 'spotter' camera (then) we really have something with that zoom lens.

That's a great tip, thanks for sharing!
Interesting thread. The 11gb video upload to YT is mind-blowing. Bussty thanks for the tip on the 28X focus first (then back to 7X) . . . very helpful. That sheep video is very impressive! Now, if DJI will only release the settings controls for the 'spotter' camera (then) we really have something with that zoom lens.
You are most welcome! I just found it in this Youtube
watch from 2:00 on and he uses the Function button to change zoom which is probably a good idea! Again I think the 7x looks great on his footage using this technique. Unless you can speak Spanish you'll need Auto Translate on in Youtube :)

Oh and yes agree, manual exposure and RAW would be great! Will just have to keep canvassing DJI or wait for Litchi :)

Cheers, Jon
Render at a CBR of 200Mbps. That's the maximum the M3 camera uses. Upload that to YT in 4K and it will come out the best.

Reactions: GtoJon
Here is an unedited photo straight off the 7x telephoto camera. Osprey is in a nest on top of a 100 foot light pole. She's alert, but undisturbed at this distance. Chicks to follow later!
View attachment 145620
It's just perfect for this type of thing. How far do you reckon the drone was from the Osprey?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead