DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Error

Blkshe3p

Reactions
Hello,

New to the drone world and haven't had a chance to fly yet. I'm getting the following error and was curious if anyone could help? My Gyro2 is throwing an error. Have done multiple calibrations and updated with newest firmware.

IMG-2399.PNG

Returned it. Got another one and everything is working fine. Hopefully I will get to fly tomorrow!!!

It does the same with mine ,i bought off from kijiji,what's the solution for me.
Help please

Hi there I also got this exact same error. With me it happened after I used the Flight simulator in the flight academy. Then after i finished using the simulator i got the well known "Link phone number" messages which required the App cache to be cleared. After that I got an IMU requires calibration, so I calibrated it and a success message came up with option to switch to camera or restart aircraft. However now on every restart the equipment screen opens and against the IMU is says "restart aircraft" and then when going to the flight screen the top left indicator states error message for IMU. However it flies very stable. I have latest firmware installed and the device is only 6 days old with no crashes or heavy handling. In the Sensor State it has the Data Error for GYRO1.

Any advise about this and the possible cause?

Attachments

• Initial start up screen in App warning.png
    Initial start up screen in App warning.png
    470.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DJI App Warning.png
    DJI App Warning.png
    1 MB · Views: 55
  • Sensor State with data error.png
    Sensor State with data error.png
    162.5 KB · Views: 53
Angusc
I am having the exact same issues from start to finish that you described. Any fixes for this ?

factory reset it and see if that helps.. so don't use the flight sim huh.. I was going to let my son use it glad i did not...

Yeah I wouldn't let him. I am going to try the cold calibration, Dji Assistant and factory reset see what happens.

Angusc
I am having the exact same issues from start to finish that you described. Any fixes for this ?
No fix found, I had to exchange the aircraft for a new one, lucky for me the retailer agreed to exchange the unit.

Had you used the flight simulator before you got this error or was your error caused by some other fault? Are you using android?

I am using Android. Samsung Galaxy note 8. I used the simulator before I logged into the flight mode.

So I deleted the app off the phone and re loaded it still same thing. However this is the wierd part. I put my iPad pro on and no IMU error. It flys fine with either device and all the modes work. I just get the restart aircraft IMU error with the note 8 attached only. I am gonna try some of devices and see what happens.

Did you have
No fix found, I had to exchange the aircraft for a new one, lucky for me the retailer agreed to exchange the unit.

Had you used the flight simulator before you got this error or was your error caused by some other fault? Are you using android?

Did you have DJI refresh ? I am sending mine back to the seller also but already got DJI refresh and want to know how that will be transferred.

I got a replacement unit from the retailer. Then I crashed the new Mavic and sent it in for DJI refresh......long story short, the retailer should exchange it for a new one whereas DJI only offer a replacement unit under their refresh insurance so you might not get a new unit but a repaired one of any age.

anyone find a fix for this?? This seems popular for them all to be broken. Whats the simple fix?

no crash, not under warranty. didn't have any errors, until i did an imu calibration. Now kicking myself for doing it. getting code 50

You can try it with a different device.

You can also try a cold calibration, it sometimes works but do it at your own risk. I have done it many times with Phantoms. You can put it in the fridge for 10 or 15 minutes, then immediately do the calibration as soon as you can after power on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d