DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In Person Training Location for Part 107 Certification/License

LenoraW

Reactions
Do anyone know where I can attend an "In Person Training" for Part 107 Certification/License that is longer than a weekend? Looking for a training that is 1 week or longer.

Reach out to Florida Drone Supply

Reactions: LenoraW
A quick Google search found Drone Pilot School USA , 14150 SW 129th St, Miami, FL 33186. I know it's probably about a 2 hour drive but there should be others in FL

Do anyone know where I can attend an "In Person Training" for Part 107 Certification/License that is longer than a weekend? Looking for a training that is 1 week or longer.
Check FlexAir, in Florida if that's your area.

The part 107 exam is so easy you really don't need a week long training to pass. I used remotepilot101 and passed first attempt with 92%. Only missed questions were a couple that weren't covered on the practice exam.

Good luck either way. It is a great feeling when you pass.

Last edited:
The part 107 exam is so easy you really don't need a week long training to pass. I used remotepilot101 and passed first attempt with 92%. Only missed questions were a couple that weren't covered on the practice exam.

Good luck either way. It is a great feeling when you pass.
Perhaps this is true if you have some aviation background, but otherwise I don't agree at all that its easy. Sectional charts take some work to figure out. METAR and other weather information takes some learning. Airport operations. UAV operating rules. And so on. You may not need a week-long training, but don't go to the test unless you feel you understand the material. Otherwise its a waste of $150.

Perhaps this is true if you have some aviation background, but otherwise I don't agree at all that its easy. Sectional charts take some work to figure out. METAR and other weather information takes some learning. Airport operations. UAV operating rules. And so on. You may not need a week-long training, but don't go to the test unless you feel you understand the material. Otherwise its a waste of $150.

@JimWest I whole heartedly agree.

This is in NO way directed at any specific person on here but....

There is a BIG difference between learning the Subject Matter so that you can apply it in future Real-World scenarios and "Cramming for a Test" (aka memorization). You can find on this forum (and several of our sister Pilots forums) many instances of Part 107 operators asking some of the most basic of NAS questions demonstrating they crammed to pass the test and cared nothing about actually learning the Subject Matter what so ever.

Reactions: Thomas B

Definitely no previous aviation background here. There are just so many good resources online to not have to spend a week for in person training. Being able to learn at your own pace using an online service feels more natural to some that sitting in a room for a week.

Be careful choosing either way because there are just as many bad instructors as there are good ones. I work in PR for an University and the school did a drone class last semester with very low pass rate on the part 107 exam.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer