DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In search of the right case?

Depends on if you just want the room and some special compartments, or it you want a foam cut type setup so each can be held in its own spot.

Backpacks or hard cases are the 2 general options.

I use a backpack, purely for convenience to carry my setup where I want to fly from, often out bush.
Room for a light rain jacket, lunch, water, and the whole kit . . . M1P, 6 batteries, controller, filters, other misc items . . . GoPro session 5, power banks, cables, goodness knows what else is in there, lol.

I would take my DJI Pocket in the either a pants pocket for easy access, or in the shoulder strap pocket designed for a mobile phone.
I'm using the LowePro Droneguard BP250, they have smaller packs that would suit the Air 2 with same or less gear.

Here's a good guide . . .

And their range . . .

Maybe the BP200 would suit the Air range, compartments are tailorable in most of these.

The best things besides ample room, is protection for the ipad mini4, and hardshell back where the drone and gear go.

For my Spark, I used a cheap school type backpack from kmart I think it was, $15.
Grey colour, has a nice big flat bottom for stability when putting it down.
I just leave the Spark in it's charging station, and controller / knick knacks in an old shaving zip up bag.

I use a backpack as well and I think its a Lowepro. I bought it to carry DSLR gear many years ago but repurposed it for drones. I can fit 3 drones along with all of the batteries, controllers, filters and any other items that have to do with flying. I’m not sure the model would help, I just suggest looking at camera backpacks. They are configurable on the inside and provide plenty of room for growth or extra items.

Reactions: Squidinc
I have the MA2 combo and everything fits in the bag if you remove the control sticks. I do not like to do that so I just leave the bag partially zipped.

Depends on if you just want the room and some special compartments, or it you want a foam cut type setup so each can be held in its own spot.

Backpacks or hard cases are the 2 general options.

I use a backpack, purely for convenience to carry my setup where I want to fly from, often out bush.
Room for a light rain jacket, lunch, water, and the whole kit . . . M1P, 6 batteries, controller, filters, other misc items . . . GoPro session 5, power banks, cables, goodness knows what else is in there, lol.

I would take my DJI Pocket in the either a pants pocket for easy access, or in the shoulder strap pocket designed for a mobile phone.
I'm using the LowePro Droneguard BP250, they have smaller packs that would suit the Air 2 with same or less gear.

Here's a good guide . . .

And their range . . .

Maybe the BP200 would suit the Air range, compartments are tailorable in most of these.

The best things besides ample room, is protection for the ipad mini4, and hardshell back where the drone and gear go.

For my Spark, I used a cheap school type backpack from kmart I think it was, $15.
Grey colour, has a nice big flat bottom for stability when putting it down.
I just leave the Spark in it's charging station, and controller / knick knacks in an old shaving zip up bag.
Surprisingly I couldn’t find the Mavic Air 2 within their range of packs?

Lykus makes a decent bag / backpack. I have my M2Z and 4 batteries with smart controller and props, cables and anything else and there is room to spare. My side pockets are empty. Made out of heavy duty material. The insides are adjustable so you can customize the layout. I did carry my OSMO4 with the bag loaded with no problem !

Surprisingly I couldn’t find the Mavic Air 2 within their range of packs?

Because the compartments are generally fully tailorable, it doesn't really matter, look for general sizes rather than specific models listed.
It is also very dependent on peoples kit they want to carry.
When travelling interstate with the M1P, I also fit both the flymore charger and cords, and the 12v charger into the top compartment (where on walks I normally put lunch, jacket etc).

They aren't cheapest on the market, but they are build very well and have a great reputation for reliability.

I was just guessing when I suggested the BP200 Droneguard, but it looks like it'd be perfect for the Air range.

DroneGuard BP 200

Scroll through those photos . . .
The compartment horizontal partition could be moved down to suit the height of the drone, then a little end partition used to store it snugly, with a space for a pack of filters, or a cable, etc.

I found these at a few Melbourne camera dealers, and found mine (BP250 Droneguard model) on special, was going over so picked up, but easy to get shipped.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondprofessionals