DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incompetent DJI support

johnbirt

Reactions
I had actually contacted DJI support re a faulty smart controller a few days ago. Not heard anything back apart from usual acknowledgement response that it was being passed on.

However I have just received an email communication that should have gone to another poor client who has apparently lost a drone due to lost connection. Contained all manner of his personal data, initial email contents and a reply from DJI re analysis of his flight records etc.. Other than verifying that the email was not for me and sending a stiff response to DJI asking them to be more careful with our personal details I have disposed of the message without reading anything other than the initial extremely puzzling to me message.

Anyone in the UK with a lost drone and not heard from DJI had better get back to them and give them a wake up call.

Last edited:
I had actually contacted DJI support re a faulty smart controller a few days ago. Not heard anything back apart from usual acknowledgement response that it was being passed on.

However I have just received an email communication that should have gone to another poor client who has apparently lost a drone due to lost connection. Contained all manner of his personal data, initial email contents and a reply from DJI re analysis of his flight records etc.. Other than verifying that the email was not for me and sending a stiff response to DJI asking them to be more careful with our personal details I have disposed of the message without reading anything other than the initial extremely puzzling to me message.

Anyone in the UK with a lost drone and not heard from DJI had better get back to them and give them a wake up call.
Addendum 26/09/2019:
Had a call from China today. Profuse apologies for the above and a promise to tighten up on systems and to train support staff to avoid such errors in future.

Fair enough. Mistakes happen but looks like they have taken matters seriously enough to pass the matter to headquarters in China and kick some butt.

Addendum 26/09/2019:
Had a call from China today. Profuse apologies for the above and a promise to tighten up on systems and to train support staff to avoid such errors in future.

Fair enough. Mistakes happen but looks like they have taken matters seriously enough to pass the matter to headquarters in China and kick some butt.
Glad to hear about the DJI response.

Crashed my Mavic Air but found it and it is on DJI care. I e mailed DJI support to find out how and where to ship for replacement of broken sensor
It’s been 4 days now with no reply
Anyone have experience of how to ship my Mavic Air to DJI??

Don't know but would suggest NOT without their clear directions.

I suggest a reply using their last email communication with some clear direct words something like. "Please advise of your return procedure for D.J.I. Care. Time is of the essence."

I wouldn't at this point go too strong as you just want a result. You can complain later. I've always found that to be the best tactic to get results in these situations. Give them the chance to redeem sloppy service then complain.

dji will send a shipping label that you can print out... took 5 days for my aircraft Togo from rhode island to California by ups ground...then 7 days there and many email plus 3 phone calls (dont lose # you will never get it again). then 5 days back same way. mine came back with ubs port cover missing and still poor flight distance now its more phone calls for the cover they opened a investigation on that..care refresh is a joke remote is not covered and you wont get a new replacement just a rebuilt aircraft...first and last time i will send to dji..oh and they want me to send it back for the plastic cover

Reactions: Thomas B
dji will send a shipping label that you can print out... took 5 days for my aircraft Togo from rhode island to California by ups ground...then 7 days there and many email plus 3 phone calls (dont lose # you will never get it again). then 5 days back same way. mine came back with ubs port cover missing and still poor flight distance now its more phone calls for the cover they opened a investigation on that..care refresh is a joke remote is not covered and you wont get a new replacement just a rebuilt aircraft...first and last time i will send to dji..oh and they want me to send it back for the plastic cover
I used chat to start my DJI refresh claim. They emailed a shipping label. Sent it off and 8 days later got the good as new refurb. There are obviously varying experiences.

I used chat to start my DJI refresh claim. They emailed a shipping label. Sent it off and 8 days later got the good as new refurb. There are obviously varying experiences.
thats how i started the claim.. the whole ordeal turned into a comedy I am happy to get it back I one piece at one point they were sending it back with out flying it..i said mybe fly it some so they did they flew 3,000' it flew 400' farther than with me. . so I have settled with the fact that it flies out to that distance and records half way decent and stays in the air..i do fly with a strobe light over the ocean and desert

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU