DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inconsistent firmware found

The Mavic Pro

Reactions
When i turned on my brand new Mavic now for the first time it told me there is an update, i think it was 1.3....
But it said something about inconsistent firmware.

What is that and why does that happen, shouldn't DJI only release good firmwares?
And do you all get the same inconsistent notice?
Will it affect the drone negatively?

Also can i update the firmware with the one that popped up without having to update with the earlier firmwares as well? Do i get all the new functions from the artier firmwares when doing only this latest firmware update?

Thanks in advance.

Someone more experienced will reply, but for now Update your MP with the latest Firmware (Ignore the older Firmwares) and I think the inconsistent message is about the Batteries, they also have to have the same Firmware update. Update craft with battery installed, if you have more batteries, plug those into your craft as well until they are all updated to the same firmware version.

Copied from another post: Go to the DJIGO app top right hand corner on the ... 3 dots menu then scroll all tha way down and go into "about" and it will have the firmware versions for the craft listed.

Last edited:
When i turned on my brand new Mavic now for the first time it told me there is an update, i think it was 1.3....
But it said something about inconsistent firmware.

What is that and why does that happen, shouldn't DJI only release good firmwares?
And do you all get the same inconsistent notice?
Will it affect the drone negatively?

Also can i update the firmware with the one that popped up without having to update with the earlier firmwares as well? Do i get all the new functions from the artier firmwares when doing only this latest firmware update?

Thanks in advance.
Your battery was not on the same FW as the mavic. When you done upgrading the bird with one of your batteries that one will be upgraded automatically too. Then put all your spare batteries in the bird after upgrade and u get the same message just press upgrade and it last for like a minute or so then the new battery is upgraded too. Latest FW is 01.03.0000

Also can i update the firmware with the one that popped up without having to update with the earlier firmwares as well? Do i get all the new functions from the artier firmwares when doing only this latest firmware update?.

Yes, the latest firmware update is the one you want.

Thanks, it updated without the error message now. Update seems successful even though the release notes sheet was empty when i opened it up.

The real test is when i go flying.

I noticed that my gimbal attachments to the drone are very loose so the gimbal is extremely wobbly, so when the Mavic is on and i tilt the drone the camera picture is not steady but instead movement is visible on the screen
Doesn't seem good?

Thanks, it updated without the error message now. Update seems successful even though the release notes sheet was empty when i opened it up.

The real test is when i go flying.

I noticed that my gimbal attachments to the drone are very loose so the gimbal is extremely wobbly, so when the Mavic is on and i tilt the drone the camera picture is not steady but instead movement is visible on the screen
Doesn't seem good?

Fly it and then check the footage to see how that looks.

Fly it and then check the footage to see how that looks.

Yes i tried that some moments ago but it´s pitch black and i can't make anything out from the video, guess i have to test tomorrow again.
I tried moving the Mavic around inside in a flying motion while recording, the video looked a bit wobbly, but maybe a real flight is smoother than the "hand flight" i made?

By the way have you guys seen my video in my other thread? Is your whole gimbal units as wobbly as mine in the video?
I got only 1 answer, i would like to get some more input as far as if all Mavic gimbal units are exactly like mine?

Gimbal looseness

By the way have you guys seen my video in my other thread? Is your whole gimbal units as wobbly as mine in the video?
I got only 1 answer, i would like to get some more input as far as if all Mavic gimbal units are exactly like mine?

Gimbal looseness

That is too loose.
Looks to me as if the gimbal mounts 3 tabs (on base plate) are not seated correctly.
The 2 front tabs and 1 back tab of the base plate need to be under the lips (front left and right and one in the middel back) and not over it.
Can you make a closeup shot of the tabs.

It's perfectly normal. Remember besides the tabs and mounts etc. the drone also has motors on the gimbal that are constantly moving to compensate the movement of the drone.

But I suppose, yes, the gimbal should be under the, or on top of the, L tab on the back, and below the body on both front tabs.

Plenty of videos on this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

As i suspected my gimbal is having problems it seems, i have made a thread about it with a video.
When i fly sideways or rotate in a yaw motion and then when the craft stops the gimbal rotates briefly in its roll axis, and also its going back a bit in the opposite yaw direction when the yaw rotation stops, for example when i yaw rotate to the right and then directly after it stops it goes back a bit to the left in the yaw direction.

But i assume this hasn't anything to do with the gimbal looseness since most of you says its perfectly normal?

You guys are very welcome to check out the video in my other thread and give an opinion about what you see is abnormal in the video? Haven't got a single answer so far. I bet there are people on this forum that can directly spot the abnormalities without any problems?

Gimbal problems & Video quality

Last edited:
It's perfectly normal. Remember besides the tabs and mounts etc. the drone also has motors on the gimbal that are constantly moving to compensate the movement of the drone.

But I suppose, yes, the gimbal should be under the, or on top of the, L tab on the back, and below the body on both front tabs.

Plenty of videos on this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It is the whole gimbal unit wobbling, its not moving in its three axis, i.e the motors. Well maybe a very small amount of movement in the pitch axis?

It´s hard to take good photos of that area, but i think they hang at about the same level at all four corners?
Video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

IMG_5663.JPG
IMG_5663.JPG IMG_5673.JPG IMG_5671.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lagunadci