DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incorrect password

Naturegirl

Reactions
During a mavic flight a box came on my app blocking the screen asking me if I had permission to fly in this area and I had to check two boxes to two questions and then agree which I did. The box disappeared. I clicked to film and it said cache full so I RTH. (I have read here how to solve that). During the return I received a warning "strong wireless interference fly with caution." I landed safely and then shut down and then started up for another flight. It then asked me for a mavic password which it never had before and I didn't even know it had. Got online and found it under the battery as told. Put that in and It says ...Incorrect password for "Mavic- .....
I had just connected 15 minutes before with no problem and no password request. I moved to another location and same thing so was unable to connect so I could not fly. Please advise so I can sell my boss on purchasing a mavic. This is my personal. Thanks!

I clicked to film and it said cache full so I RTH. (I have read here how to solve that).

The cache full is for your device, not the Mavic. Your photos/videos are recorded to the microSD card. You should have been able to shoot either one, even with that message (unless your SD card was completely full).

It then asked me for a mavic password which it never had before and I didn't even know it had. Got online and found it under the battery as told. Put that in and It says ...Incorrect password for "Mavic- .....

Are you flying via a WiFi connection (through your device) or with your remote controller? The Mavic password is only for connecting your craft straight to your phone/device and controlling it via the WiFi connection.

If you are attempting to fly with your RC, then the password is not for your Mavic. It means that you have somehow logged out of your account on the DJI Go app and need to log back in. The password is the one that you used to set up your DJI account.

I had just connected 15 minutes before with no problem and no password request. I moved to another location and same thing so was unable to connect so I could not fly.

Use your RC to control your Mavic, not a direct WiFi connection. That is only useful if you've forgotten to charge the battery on your RC or you didn't bring it with you. Otherwise, the ease of use and the signal strength of the RC far exceeds the capability of your device's WiFi connection (several kilometers vs. several hundred meters).

If you're in WiFi mode, you might have accidentally switched it after you flew the first flight. It's the tiny switch located on the side of the Mavic just above the microSD card. Make sure it's set to "RC", not "WiFi".

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I had to go out of town today and we had very high winds so I didn't get to try a flight. I did know about the cache and changed that yesterday. I am using the RC and tried the DJI account password. I recalled receiving a DJI email, so found it which asked for me to change my password which I did. I tried the new and old password yesterday and neither worked. I had it on RC but switched to wifi when I was trying everything to get it to work. I've now switched it back. I'll try everything you mentioned tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thank you again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi