DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Increased latency on RTMP streaming

abbas

Reactions
Hello there i have developed my own app for addition mission control to manage and track my live stock movement using drones.
Every thing was working fine but from 2 to days i have been facing streaming lag there is almost lag between 10 secs to 1 minute.
Is anyone else facing lag in RTMP streaming ?
better alternative for RTMP is always welcomed.

I am aware of 5 sec lag in RTMP but it is alot more then that.

Fun fact If anyone need to discuss about my use case i.e. my drone as shepherd's dog feel free :)

just curios. what program do you use for receiving the stream?
I have configured Nginx to setup RTMP server and then i simply use opencv to receive stream using rtmp
all of the devices are on same network
and a RTMP client is running on android it using dji's mobile api to transmit rtmp stream

I have configured Nginx to setup RTMP server and then i simply use opencv to receive stream using rtmp
all of the devices are on same network
and a RTMP client is running on android it using dji's mobile api to transmit rtmp stream
What sdk are you using?
I just tried msdk5, and if you stream the raw h264 stream over udp (wifi) to vlc to a laptop, the delay is very low.
Less than 100ms compared to fpvview. Still I was hoping for less.

Try to stay away from all transcoding, better send the stream raw if your network can handle it.

This is on a mini3 drone, 1920x1080 30fps

What sdk are you using?
I just tried msdk5, and if you stream the raw h264 stream over udp (wifi) to vlc to a laptop, the delay is very low.
Less than 100ms compared to fpvview. Still I was hoping for less.

Try to stay away from all transcoding, better send the stream raw if your network can handle it.

This is on a mini3 drone, 1920x1080 30fps
Unfortunately MSDK 5 is not supported for my drone :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne