DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Independence Day Fireworks 2021 - West Shores (Finale Only)

FoxFlight Drone Video

Reactions
Site
foxflight2020.com
West Shores is a neighborhood around a man-made lake west of the Omaha area. Every year, they do their own Independence Day fireworks show on or around July 4th. I couldn't resist doing a pre-programmed route around the show. Audio comes from my mobile phone at my position which I then sync'ed up in Premiere. This version is the finale of the show only. The video of the full show is about 11 minutes long and will be available separately. Filmed with: Mavic 2 Pro Edited with: Adobe Premiere Pro 2020

How did you record the sound?
Actually says it in the description. I just recorded a video on my mobile so I could get close to syncing it up, dropped the video into Premier along with the drone footage, and then nudged it into sync.

Whoops. Sorry missed that. Thanks. I need to bring a digital recording device with me next time (cuz my mobile is hooked up to the controller).
Yeah, I run my control through my Samsung tablet (with one of those extender mounts). So much easier than doing it on a small mobile screen.

Last edited:
West Shores is a neighborhood around a man-made lake west of the Omaha area. Every year, they do their own Independence Day fireworks show on or around July 4th. I couldn't resist doing a pre-programmed route around the show. Audio comes from my mobile phone at my position which I then sync'ed up in Premiere. This version is the finale of the show only. The video of the full show is about 11 minutes long and will be available separately. Filmed with: Mavic 2 Pro Edited with: Adobe Premiere Pro 2020

Superior job! Well done. Bravo! I do the same thing with my iPhone, recording the actual sounds where I am filming and synch it up in Premiere Pro, and also use a Mavic 2 Pro. What were the settings? I image you had to kick up the Iso to about 400 or so? Did you shoot wide open? Shutter speed?

Dale

Superior job! Well done. Bravo! I do the same thing with my iPhone, recording the actual sounds where I am filming and synch it up in Premiere Pro, and also use a Mavic 2 Pro. What were the settings? I image you had to kick up the Iso to about 400 or so? Did you shoot wide open? Shutter speed?

Dale
I can't remember if I ended up with an ISO of 400 or 800. Pretty sure it was 800. Yeah, I had to crank it open and turn up the EV as well.

Reactions: Steel63
Well done! Syncing the sound idea was outstanding. Usually, there's a delay - flash them boom. Matching it up made for a better video.

Last edited:
Beautiful, did you have a strobe light attached to the drone?

It would be illegal if I didn't, right?
Where did you have yours mounted? Strobes are so bright; I’m surprised they don’t create lens flare

Reactions: Steel63
Where did you have yours mounted? Strobes are so bright; I’m surprised they don’t create lens flare
There's pretty much only 1 place on a M2P that you can put a Lume Strobe... on the top in front of the battery. And you are supposed to put it on top anyway since the point is for aircraft to see it, not peeps on the ground.

Attachments

• 41b+0ZxlAPL._AC_.jpg
    41b+0ZxlAPL._AC_.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1

I lo

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Mobile phones sound! Top of the class for you sir!

Nice work, the best I've seen.

LOVE IT did you use POI and how , if so did you set it ?
Sorry about the delay. I was pretty sure that a POI wouldn't work in the dark so it was a waypoint route I had set up earlier in the day and test-flew that afternoon before.

thank you how did you get the altitude ?
A little bit of research said that most fireworks shoot to about 200-250 feet. The route was programmed to run between about 250-380 depending on the waypoint and shooting at a POI point at an altitude of about 180 IIRC. The goal was that they would explode around the middle or top of the shot.

And, BTW, I may have misunderstood your original question about POI. I was thinking of the active track where you highlight an object -- in this case the island. THAT would not have worked in the dark. But yes, I did use a POI on the waypoint route. Sorry for any confusion there.

Reactions: PatrickMicc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78