DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor flying -- patterns?

DesertWindAero

Reactions
The DJI site says it needs "...Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (lux > 15)..." for indoor flying.

Has anyone determined what kind of pattern it flies best on?

Does it need to be something like this?
VCT-Black-and-White-Home-Tile-Flooring.jpg

I just uploaded a video of me flying inside over a gym floor. I had zero problems. One thing I did notice is the Mavic tends to jump a bit when its switching between gps and visual flight modes. Hopefully thats something they will iron out in a future firmware release.

Here is the video:

Last edited:
I just uploaded a video of me flying inside over a gym floor. I had zero problems. One thing I did notice is the Mavic tends to jump a bit when its switching between gps and visual flight modes. Hopefully thats something they will iron out in a future firmware release.

Here is the video:

Nice...maybe the pattern of the individual boards was enough for it's sensors. I'd like to see it on a uniform floor, like cement, like inside a Home Depot of Lowe's, for example.

Were you using an iPad Mini?

Nice...maybe the pattern of the individual boards was enough for it's sensors. I'd like to see it on a uniform floor, like cement, like inside a Home Depot of Lowe's, for example.

Were you using an iPad Mini?

Yes I was. That is all I have flown with so far.

Reactions: DesertWindAero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan