DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inexpensive MavMount mod

Elton Hammonds

Reactions
I love my MavMount, but their screw nut has a smooth edge that prevented me from being able to get a grip with my fingers enough to tighten it down.

The result was my 10" tablet spinning left to right all the time, which really irritated me.

Not being someone to whine, but being the type to find a solution before posting about things, I've found a replacement screw nut for anyone that wants to upgrade their MavMount too.

1/4" Screw Nut fr DSLR Camera Tripod Audio Recorder Mixer Cold Hot Shoe Bracket | eBayScreenshot_2018-09-30-19-52-10-134.jpeg

I never even tighten that. I leave it all the way down. I screw on my tablet holder while everything is locked down with the knob, I mean good and tight! Then I loosen the knob and adjust orientation and tilt then tighten the knob, done? Mine has never loosened up doing it this way.

Thealien: I THOUGHT I had tried that already but, when I did it again just now, it worked perzactly as you described so, I shall switch to this method and see if it holds up under normal use with the 9.7 EyePad. Thanks, amigo.

Elton: I looked at the eBay listing for that DSLR tripod locking nut and I don't see how you can use it with the MM since it has the threaded shaft in the center while the stock lock ring simply has the quarter-inch threaded hole. Am I missing something?

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Thealien: I THOUGHT I had tried that already but, when I did it again just now, it worked perzactly as you described so, I shall switch to this method and see if it holds up under normal use with the 9.7 EyePad. Thanks, amigo.

Elton: I looked at the eBay listing for that DSLR tripod locking nut and I don't see how you can use it with the MM since it has the threaded shaft in the center while the stock lock ring simply has the quarter-inch threaded hole. Am I missing something?
The nut in the listing will replace the nut the MM came with.

Elton: My mistake, I only saw this one on eBay, not the listing you posted:

ebay-wrong-one.jpg

Did an Amazon search and wound up getting a four pack of these hot shoe adapters.

mavmount-replacement-nut.jpg

That should give me enough for both MM's plus some extras.

Thanks again, amigo...

KB

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kon_boz