DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Initial instability

Brojon

Reactions
Took my bird into work with me this morning downtown - decided I'd put on my big boy pants and fly around a high rise.
Took it far out front hopefully away from any metal - compass didn't complain in any case.
Waited for 9 sats and it indicated a good lock - executed a precision take off. It rose, said it had acquired precision position then rotated south then headed that way! It went about 1/4 block and was fast enough where I was concerned and brought it back whereupon it just sat there. Flew up to about 750 ft to clear a high rise, did a brief circle and brought it home. On landing it reoriented south again and it was obvious it was going to land where it had been trying to head to earlier so I had to wrangle again.

So any ideas on the take off and landing? Seems like the GPS was a little fuzzy at that point but I'm curious why the compass also got involved since it changed heading also. It makes me nervous simply because that distance is like crossing the street and if I fly between I'd rather not crash into the high rise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_