DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Initial setup issues

Eagleyes

Reactions
Hi all,

A new Mavic Pro owner/ pilot. I've been trying to do the initial set-up since yesterday and have a couple of (stupid?) questions -

1) In the DJI Go 4 app (iOS) there's a tab that says "Scan QR code" and then instructs to "Scan the SN QR code on battery compartments or storage box". Do you need to do this prior to the initial set-up procedure? I wasn't sure so I tried - but it just fails to scan and an error message repeatedly pops up.

2) For the initial set-up, once I've connected my iPhone to the controller (turned on the controller), turned on the Mavic and opened the DJI Go 4 app, shouldn't there be automated prompts that should take me through the initialisation procedure? This just does not happen as was shown in the Tutorial videos.

I am a novice, so please do pardon if I have done something completely daft here :) Hoping to get this right ASAP and start flying soon.

Any help/ suggestions/ advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

For your 1st question the vr code is there to scan when you are going to fly in wifi mode. That is flying the Mavic with your phone as a controller.

For the initial set-up, once I've connected my iPhone to the controller (turned on the controller), turned on the Mavic and opened the DJI Go 4 app, shouldn't there be automated prompts that should take me through the initialisation procedure?
You should see those prompts if your Mavic is brand new. If you don't see those prompts and are taken right to the main screen of DJI GO, you'll still be able to configure all of those settings from within the DJI GO app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+